Cayman

1,562 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aeroag14
Rebel-E91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the "must do" things at GC?
aeroag14
AG
Been to Cayman quite a few times! Possibly my favorite Island. When are you going/staying?

Cayman has some of the absolute best diving in the Caribbean. If you are certified I would suggest a day or two of diving. Depending on when you are going, diving off of the north side of the wall is ideal. Amazing wall diving. Diving else where on the island is excellent as well, but just not quite on par with the North Wall. A few miles off of the coast of the island the sea drops into the Cayman trench. On the north side of the island the drop of is the most dramatic. At about 100 feet down the sea floor makes a 90 degree turn and drops into the trench. Pretty amazing.

I would also suggest Sting Ray City Sand Bar. It is the really touristy thing to do in Cayman but it is a lot of fun and a pretty unique experience.

If you have access to a car, a drive over to rum point is good for a lazy afternoon.

Depending on where you are staying (assuming it is on 7 mile beach) there are a few really nice snorkel spots right off the beach that I could suggest.

Downtown Georgetown has a ton of shops and jewelry stores which can make for a decently fun afternoon (assuming there aren't multiple cruise ships in town).

Additionally I could suggest a bunch of different restaurants!
SA Ag 91
AG
Would love to hear your dining suggestions.

Have you ever done the Cayman Cookout?

It is not cheap but it seems like a first class event. Kind of hard to find a ton of pricing and info before tickets go in sale but looks like you will drop a couple grand on tickets.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
We did a bbq thing at rum point. It was really cool. They had live music, great food and drinks were included. It was an evening/sunset kind of thing.
reddog90
AG
I would say sting ray city is the normal "must do".

The diving is great there too.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The turtle farm is legit, also their are like 3 places across the street from the Westin that are delicious. We are in the BVIs now we may never go anywhere else.
RVAg02
AG
Not to hijack, but where in the BVI?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Just spent 2 nights on Jost and 2 on Cooper Island. Both were awesome. Cooper greatly exceeded expectations. We really want to do a yacht charter, but I'll start a separate thread about that.
DuncanAg
AG
Sunshine Grill - fish tacos is a must! This is a casual place connected to a hotel/motel pool area. Trust me...it gets rave reviews on TA.

Cracked Conch

Calypso Grill - great date spot for dinner on the water.

The Wharf - feed the Tarpon. Great view of the ocean. More for families and larger groups.

Get your wallet ready...nothing is cheap in Cayman. Going back in 2 weeks with the family...we love it.

GoneGirl
AG
We're going to be there as a cruise stop in December. Doing the sea turtle/stingray city thing - so I'm glad those get good reviews.

Would loved to dive there, but we're traveling with a group and this was the excursion everyone could do, so we're diving in Cozumel instead.

"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Sunshine grill was awesome
aeroag14
AG
Casanovas is pretty good Italian right in Georgetown. You can sit outside right on the water. We always make a night out of it when we are in Cayman!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.