Vegas dining

2,689 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WTF95
tbone94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Post your favorite recommendations for the strip or closeby. We are going next week!
SoTheySay
S
Loved Carnivor and Noodles.

Can't think of the place I hated but I will.

Lemon cookies at Giada's are to die for.

Donut Bar

There's a hole in the wall Thai place that is supposed to be amazing.
dodger02
AG
SW
Olives (at night, outside, view of Bellagio fountains)
Carbone (might be closed...best Italian "steakhouse" ever)
Bruce Almighty
AG
The best steak in Vegas is the Kobe at SW
The best steakhouse in Vegas is Carnevino
Julian Serrano is great for tapas
Lotus of Siam off strip
txag2008
AG
Here's a restaurant/bar list that I put together a while back.

https://goo.gl/22yogs
SoTheySay
S
YES! Carnevino. Not Carnivor. LOVED.
lctag
AG
Hugo's Cellar is still high on my list. In the Four Queens Hotel in downtown.
aggiedata
AG
rose. rabbit. lie. at the Cosmo was a great dining experience.

I have had many a dessert in my day I must admit, but the Chocolate Terrarium was the best I ever had.

Dessert Menu
aggiedata
AG
Mesa Grill at Caesar's is our go to. We are never disappointed in this Bobby Flay's place.

Jean George was amazing IMO at Aria. I have been to most of other named steakhouses and for what it's worth, I remember my steak and wine selection there as being top notch.
YouBet
AG
Go big. Go to Guy Savoy.

One of our favorite meals we've had was at Twist at the top of the Mandarin Oriental. Highly recommend.
mgreen
Michael's at South Point Hotel is my top 5 in the world. Use to be in Barry Coast. Most of the same staff for 20 plus years. Fine dining at its best.
SbisaVictim95
AG
aggiedata said:

Mesa Grill at Caesar's is our go to. We are never disappointed in this Bobby Flay's place.

Jean George was amazing IMO at Aria. I have been to most of other named steakhouses and for what it's worth, I remember my steak and wine selection there as being top notch.
Love Mesa as well, never been disappointed with service or quality. I do wish they'd refresh the menu though. Seems like it's been the same for years
Bruce Almighty
AG
I went to the Mesa Grill in New York and thought it was mediocre. Is the one in Vegas any different?
aggiedata
AG
I don't know about the NYC location but I thought Flay shut it down in 2013.

I tend to trust Open Table reviews over others. Not sure that's a valid assessment or not.
Bruce Almighty
AG
aggiedata said:

I don't know about the NYC location but I thought Flay shut it down in 2013.

I tend to trust Open Table reviews over others. Not sure that's a valid assessment or not.

I just looked it up and it was shut down 2 months after I ate there. That may be why it was mediocre.
SoTheySay
S
Delmonico. Delmonico was what I thought was awful.
leanderag82
AG
SoTheySay said:

Delmonico. Delmonico was what I thought was awful.
I love Delmonico's. I have always had good experiences dining there. I thought it was better than Steve Wynn Steakhouse for a lot less $'s.
Old School Brother
mgreen said:

Michael's at South Point Hotel is my top 5 in the world. Use to be in Barry Coast. Most of the same staff for 20 plus years. Fine dining at its best.
You're the onlly other person I've ever seen post on here about Michael's. I've been going on a guy's trip with the same group for 17 years now and we've eaten at Michael's on probably 12 of the trips. It can't be beaten as far as I'm concerned. We've had the same waiter every time and he remembers us every year. Old school vegas at its absolute best.
mgreen
Old School Brother said:

mgreen said:

You're the onlly other person I've ever seen post on here about Michael's. I've been going on a guy's trip with the same group for 17 years now and we've eaten at Michael's on probably 12 of the trips. It can't be beaten as far as I'm concerned. We've had the same waiter every time and he remembers us every year. Old school vegas at its absolute best.
You need to be old school Vegas to know Michael's.
Big Al 1992
AG
Best burger - Holsteins at Cosmo
Mesa Grill at Caesar's
Morimoto at MGM
YouBet
AG
mgreen said:

Old School Brother said:

mgreen said:

You need to be old school Vegas to know Michael's.

I have not personally eaten there but my best friend would vouch for this. It should be highly considered.
piag94
AG
Old School Brother said:

mgreen said:

I've posted about Michael's quite a bit. Been going there for 25+ years. Best Ceasar in the world.
tbone94
AG
Thanks for the recs. We took the advice of several here and went to Michael's. Wow! Great call! Thank you!
mgreen
tbone94 said:

Thanks for the recs. We took the advice of several here and went to Michael's. Wow! Great call! Thank you!
I have been suggesting Michael's to close friends for years and nobody has ever gone simply because it is the opposite end of the strip. Glad you enjoyed it. Now I am thinking about a Vegas trip. Darn you.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Egg Slu t
WTF95
Echo and rig, Raku, Shangs artisan noodle, lotus of Siam - all off the strip.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.