Best time to vacation in Cancun?

1,831 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by water turkey
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When is the best time to book and when is the best/cheapest time to vacation there? We've been twice and love it. We're pretty flexible for vacation time so i'm asking some of the vacation pros their advice. Thanks.
Eugene4x
AG
Next week...cause I'm going next week

We booked through otel.com back in February. Rebooked when prices dropped in early may. Staying at Live Aqua
Yesterday
AG
Eugene4x said:

We booked through otel.com back in February. Rebooked when prices dropped in early may. Staying at Live Aqua

When you say rebooked, is that something the company offers?
Eugene4x
AG
Otel.com had a 1-week-before-stay cancellation policy. We just kept our eye on rates and noticed they dropped...by almost $150 per night. So we booked a second reservation. After a couple days and confirming second reservation went through, we cancelled first reservation.
gvine07
AG
My wife and I went to El Dorado Maroma the week before Christmas a few years ago and it was the best week of our lives. We went to relax and rejuvenate.

The week before Christmas is their slowest week of the year, and the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest. If you're going to party choose a different time.
culdeus
AG
Cheapest usually June/July for summer. August gets a bit spendier as euros come in.

Late fall is the cheapest of all the times to go.

Most expensive time of year is from December to about spring break.

Yesterday
AG
Thanks guys!
I Play With Guns
S
Never.
Matsui
AG
Has anyone rented a house?
BSD
AG
Matsui said:

Has anyone rented a house?

My buddy rented a house in Isla Mujeres for a month so we took advantage and hopped down for a week. I liked it better since I don't need all the night life. I liked how small the island was and my son loved taking golf carts everywhere.
78669AG
Eugene4x said:

We stayed at live aqua before...its nice but boring as hell
BlueAg2003
AG
I loved Live Aqua. It was really quiet, but the adults-only atmosphere was an absolute plus to me. They're not much on nightlife, but if you want a relaxing experience, this is the place to go.
PlanoAg98
AG
The Atlantic Hurricane season is June 1 to November 30. I would avoid that. Next you want to plan around Christmas and all Spring Breaks.
water turkey
We'll be there July 13-18, so hopefully then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.