New York Late July

1,000 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HECUBUS
Craigy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three of us are going to NYC for my daughters 13th BD. We are meeting my bro class of .81 and his family from London. Have flights and hotel. Need some low cost activities and sights to do while there Thur night thru Sun Noon. Thanks for your opinions!
BlueAg2003
AG
The one suggestion I always make is to take the Staten Island Ferry trip back and forth. It gives you gorgeous views of the skyline and a pretty decent look at the Statue of Liberty for free. The round trip journey will take you around an hour of you literally disembark and get right back on the next ferry to the city.
HECUBUS
AG
We are in NYC at the end of July for five days. We have scheduled two college campus visits, a Statue of Liberty tour, the obligatory broadway play, Central Park with dinner at the boathouse and a "top of the rock" visit.
HECUBUS
AG
Weekends are tough, traffic wise, we are all weekdays. Good luck.
Craigy
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Ill post what we do
Marvin_Zindler
AG
I'm sure others will chime in..........

Get 9/11 tickets now. They have done a fantastic job. Plan that for 3-4 hours there at least.

Top of the rock at night is a pretty cool.

Book a show on Broadway (matinees are cheaper). Any of them are 10x better than you can imagine.

Lunch/Brunch at the Boathouse at Central Park.

Be that guy and get on the Today Show (we did it with an aTm sign and it was a lot of fun).

Brooklyn (take the subway and start walking....its a cool area).

Highline. (We did this last time we were in NYC. Really cool and can jump off into the neighborhoods below for some exploration).

Yankee Stadium (if you like baseball).

Craigy
Thanks all
HECUBUS
AG
This might be worth a stop at the NYC Botanical Garden. I doubt we will get there, but the night show would probably be cool.

https://www.nybg.org/event/chihuly/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.