Maine

4,161 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Streetfighter 02
Say Chowdah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Streetfighter- have you lived up here? You know a lot of local only places. (Willard Scoops, Scratch Baking etc).

You don't see those in tour guides. I live in South Portland a couple of blocks from Willard Square and I was curious.

But Scratch isn't as good as it was. They don't make thei bagels on site so they aren't steaming when you buy them anymore. But the line isn't as prohibitive either. The lines never bothered me, personally. So I'm of the opinion that they solved a problem that didn't exist.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I just pretend. I have a close friend in Fort Worth, where I live, that grew up in Portland and we travel there every summer. We should grab a beer when I'm there.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Do you ever eat at Shay's?
Say Chowdah
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Do you ever eat at Shay's?
I haven't. I should have, considering that it is across the street from my office.
Streetfighter 02
AG
My buddy works lunch there quite a bit. Mike Willett. The steak salad is great. Don't try to watch an Aggie game there if the Sox are on.The locals get a little restless even if they're down 10 runs in the 9th.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.