Transportation in Cabo

1,212 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dylan
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leaving Monday morning and getting to Cabo around 11 a.m. All of the other times I've been I've usually had prearranged transportation because it's been a company or someone in a group booked it. This time it will just be myself and my lady. Is it pretty to find a decent cab to our resort (Secrets Los Cabos) or does anyone recommend a relatively cheap transportation service? Thanks
Fairview
AG
No help because our hotel picked us up but I'm in Cabo now and the weather is perfect right now. Something to look forward to.
BeardofZeus01
AG
We used Arco Transfer when we were there a few years back, Sept of '13 I believe. Had a Suburban both ways and it went smoothly. $120 roundtrip if I remember correctly.
Texas Ag Mom
You would be better off to have RT airport transfers arranged in advance. Cabs will totally rip you off & my understanding is the transfer needs to be round trip. The cabs have some kinda set up so the hotels will not allow a "shuttle service" to pick you up at your hotel for a trip back to the airport unless it was prearranged & RT. Sounds crazy right? I always rent a car but this might help you

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k10477094-Airport_transfers-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html
Mr. McGibblets
AG
cjaetzold said:

We used Arco Transfer when we were there a few years back, Sept of '13 I believe. Had a Suburban both ways and it went smoothly. $120 roundtrip if I remember correctly.
This

Cabs will rip you off.
bam02
AG
I think the service we used last summer to get to and from CSL was called Cabo Ground Services (or something like that). They were great.

There are several that are very reputable. Check TripAdvisor. I emailed 3 or 4 a.d tried to work the price down, but they were all very similar in price and did not budge much. Guess they know better.
Goody
AG
Rent a car at cactus car rebtal. I just did it for 240 for the week. Way cheaper if you plan to go to town at all. We went probably 7 seven times.

Cans are super pricey there. There were 60-70 to round trip into town.
cohibasymas
AG
Strongly recommend prepaying a dedicated car service to pick you up and drop you off. I can't find the name of the company we hired ~18 months ago, but we were glad we hired the service. We're semi-frequent travelers to Mexico, and are comfortable in most settings. Cabo on the other hand, was incredibly uncomfortable from a taxi perspective.
Fis4Favorite
we just returned home from Cabo yesterday and stayed at Secrets... we booked through Amstar and they work closely with the resort. Would highly recommend using them! Have a great time and bring sunscreen
dylan
Any Rec's on things to do and places to stay? Want to go in august
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.