Copenhagen

1,231 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by helloag99
Chughes88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for must-do things in Copenhagen? Will be going in the late fall.
canagian
AG
Interested as well. We'll be taking a Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen in the latter part of September and are looking to spend a day or two before/after the cruise.
helloag99
I am heading there this weekend for a Baltic Cruise. We have a full day in Copenhagen before and after the Cruise. We are going to Tivoli gardens one day, which is a very old amusement park, that was supposedly the inspiration for Disney Land. We will probably just walk around old town the other day and hit some museums.

There are some good videos on Youtube regarding things to that I have watched, including one by rick steves.
Martin Cash
AG
. . . what a wad of flavor . . .
Fall92
AG
Definitely hit Nyhaven and Tivoli. Several of the best restaurants in the world are also there (Noma, etc.). Great city.
dcAg
See the Mermaid. Go to the Castle that is in town. Stroll down their really long pedestrian walkway.

Good times.
JimmyHouston
AG
Rent a bike and go - its the easiest way to see the city.

A lot of cool museums and old things to look at. The food is really good, but don't be surprised by poor service at a lot of the restaurants - the exception being the high end ones.
helloag99
We did the zoo today and a canal boat tour today.

The zoo was cool because they have two polar bears, reindeer, wolfes, grizzly bears.

Canal cruise was meh, wife wanted to do it but we could hear the narration over the engine. Cool sightseeing.

Leaving for cruise in the morning and will have 2 days in copenhagen after cruise before coming home.

It appears that the cool place to eat and day drink is the food truck park at the old paper mill across a foot bridge from nyhavrn. I saw it on travel channel and thought we would check it out. It was slammed with people eating at communal tables and eating from the food trucks.

HarleySpoon
AG
Lived in Copenhagen (just outside) for two years and took numerous visitors on various outings. A few things I would recommend in Copenhagen proper:

1. Tivoli....so easy to access and really is a neat atmosphere.
2. Stroget....the walking street from Nyhaven to Tivoli and the Radhusplazen (city hall).
3. Nyhaven......better places in northern Europe for a cozy harbor...but visit it since you are there.
4. Lots of great restaurants in Copenhagen. Neatest experience is Gertrudes Kaelder......13th century monastery without electrical lighting....great food...great atmosphere....I assume it's still open.
5. Don't bother with the mermaid statue.

Things around Copenhagen I wouldn't miss that are easily accessible with a thirty minute of less train ride:

1. Viking ship museum in Roskilde. Also visit the original castle there.
2. Helsingor Castle...."Elsinore Castle" in Hamlet. neat to visit Hamlet's castle...Helsingor is neat little town.
3. If the weather is nice....Klampenborg Beach. If the weather is nice...it's a special place.
4. Bakken.....the oldest amusement park in the world. Just outside Klampenborg......older than Tivoli, really neat and not touristy.

Have fun...and if you rent a car....don't forget the bike lane is always to your right when you're turning and there is always a bike in the bike lane.
helloag99
Tivoli was pretty awesome. We have 3 kids ages 10 to 4 and they absolutely loved it. We went on Monday and we didn't see a ride with longer than 10 minute line. I hate crowds so it was great.

We enjoyed the Danish museum in Rosenburg Castle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.