Turks and Caicos recs

1,228 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rather be fishing
Dirtnap ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've done a quick search and that's how we ultimately decided on Turks but wanted a few more detailed recommendations on what to do/can't miss places or restaurants. It's just my girlfriend and myself staying in grace bay in a house we found on airbnb. She's working on getting certified and I've dove several places. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Potcake
AG
We rented SUP boards for the week. Paddled around point to back channel and mangroves. Careful though, the water taxis don't give a s*** and will swamp you with their wake. Also, look for JoJo the dolphin. Was boarding along beach and saw a shadow following me. Puckered a bit until I realized it wasn't a shark.

Da Conch Shack is agood place to eat. There was also some place we had dinner on beach (Mango something maybe). Had drinks at Infinity Bar, they are proud of them though. Groceries are pretty steep, even for Caribbean standards. You should adopt a potcake and bring it home. (We didn't ).
planoaggie123
AG
Went there for honeymoon 6 years ago. Wish we could go back soon but will probably be a few more years. Anyways, I had to google because I did not remember the names but Coco Bistro and Magnolia Wine Bar were two of our favorites. There were a few others we liked I am just struggling to find them. Honestly was only maybe 1 meal we did not like the whole time we were there. Food is hard to beat.
maroon10
AG
Coco Bistro
Rex Racer
AG
maroon10 said:

Coco Bistro
Yesssssssssssssssssss. Coco Bistro was so good. I recommend the Fried Banana Fritters with Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert. Amazing. You'll need to get a reservation.

Da Conch Shack was a good place for lunch, and it's pretty much a place you have to go to when on Provo. Shark Bite had good fish and chips.

Bella Luna is a good place for Italian. They serve the owner's mother's recipe for lasagna (or so they say), but it was darn good.

I recommend going and driving around Chalk Sound. We enjoyed that. Some good photo ops. There is a public parking area down near Coral Gardens. We did some snorkeling there.

The semi-sub "Undersea Explorer" tour was "just okay". It got kind of stuffy down in there. But we did see a spotted eagle ray, so that was cool.

For souvenirs, MaMa's gift shop at the Ports of Call plaza was hands down the best place for t-shirts when we were there 6 years ago.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay beach and the conch shack
class of 03
Any recs on resorts or hotels in Turks? Beach Club looks nice but I want a few options. Anyone?
rather be fishing
AG
Don't order a steak at Coco Bistro. Also be weary of the immigrant population. They are about like gypsies. They are pretty much all from Haiti.

T&C is an awesome place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.