Boston Trip

1,489 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FincAg
Dalhousietrio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to take the family to Boston this summer. Kid is 10yrs old. Any recommendations on what part of the city to stay in?

Thanks
CDub06
AG
The wharf is a good spot for families. I like the Marriott by the aquarium.
supermanrv
AG
Boston is great during the summer time. We like the downtown area/Faneuil Hall.
flown-the-coop
AG
Boston is a great walking City. That said, staying near Faneuil Hall or by Wharf would be optimal. We stayed in a condo AirBNB that was over by TD Ameritrade last drip. Think the subway station was even in the bottom of building. That gives you great access to Cambridge. We enjoyed the natural history museum at Harvard, which the 10yo may enjoy.
Summer Breeze
AG
We took our 13 and 11 year olds last summer and had a great time! We stayed in an apartment from AirBNB that was close to a T stop and down the street from a Whole Foods, so it was perfect. My kids loved figuring out how to manage the train!

We also bought the GoCard for Boston (you can google it). It saved us some money and helped us plan our days. Make sure you read the fine print because some things like the Duck Tours have to be arranged the day before at a kiosk. We didn't have any trouble, but noticed some other folks frustrated because they didn't read all of the directions. My kids LOVED the Duck Tour.

Of course you should also see a game at Fenway if the Red Sox are at home. If you pay something like $15 to join the kids fan club, you can get some discount kids tickets for your children. I don't remember all of the details, but you can find them on the Red Sox web site.

AggieDave02
AG
We are going this summer with our 2 year old. Any suggestions for him? What is the best way to get around town with a toddler?
turnag4
AG
We visited Boston last summer for the first time. Great trip! Stayed at the Westin Copley square. Great views of Charles River from room ifyou are on that side. Boston is a walking town.
FincAg
AG
Any suggestions from the gallery regarding things to do in Boston?

My wife found some crazy low tickets and we are heading out there during the bye weekend, Saturday Oct 21st through Wednesday the 25th.

Rooms were hard to come by so we are staying the first 2 nights at Copley Square, and second 2 nights in Mid-Cambridge.

Any suggestions on how to handle the multitude of sights and eats of Boston?

I have heard we should break the Freedom Trail into two days; do we do it alone or with a guided tour?
Places or tourist spots to avoid?
JFK Museum?
Boston Gardens?
MIT/Harvard?
Quincy Market?
Boston Pops?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.