Banff Skiing?

789 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by teecoy
Waltonloads08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe going in Jan 2018 with 2 Adults and 1 three year old.

Which resort is best? Lake Louise looks great.

TIA.
HECUBUS
AG
It's cold. Obvious, I know. But we went in February and never saw above -10. Ten days. Beautiful, good skiing, but cold.
malenurse
AG
The best time to ski in Canada is during Thanksgiving. It is not a recognized holiday so the schools are in session and everyone is at work. It's considered off season so lift tickets are very cheap. Most resorts are open and there will be plenty of snow.

Lake Louise is a beautiful resort and very expensive. Just stay in town and drive the ski areas.
HECUBUS
AG
Don't forget to get your tax refund. Ours was surprisingly substantial with a group of eight, just for the lodging.
thisguy05
AG
We honeymooned at Lake Louise. Highly recommend the Chateau. We skied Lake Louise. Resort was nice. Skiing in Canada is not for wimps though. It gets cold!
LeftyAg89
AG
Make sure you take a trip out to Banff Springs Hotel, check out the hotel and enjoy the awesome buffet!!! ($$$)
We loved it!

teecoy
AG
Have skied lake louise and sunshine extensively (grew up in Calgary)...I'd split between the 2 if you have enough ski days. Only about 45 minutes apart or so to my recollection so easily drivable wherever you are staying. Sunshine typically has better snow and is back in it's own bowl. Lake Louise is spectacular with the panoramic views and personally I like the runs better. I would say Lake Louise has more beginner terrain to explore with wide cruising runs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.