Jost Van Dyke, Tortola or Other

686 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Potcake
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are flying into St. Thomas in July, Wed-Monday. The plan is to go to JVD for Wed-Saturday night, then head back to St. Thomas on Sunday before catching a 10:00am flight out on Monday. My question is should we spend all the time on JVD or maybe spend one night on Tortola or another Ferry able island. We like just hanging out on the beach, but would love suggestions.
SW AG80
AG
We love Virgin Gorda. Go to The Baths. Neat place.
Potcake
AG
Having only four nights, travelling around, with all the ferries and taxis, could be a drag. JVD is pretty low key but doable for that short of a time. I suppose you could spend a night or two around Cane Garden Bay if you just wanted another scene.

We have stayed on VG three times. Last year, took a ferry to Road Town, taxi to West End, ferry to JVD, and then reversed it in the afternoon, long damn day, so I wouldn't advise trying to get to VG.

We are leaving for a week on St. John next Tuesday. Have never been to USVI. Hoping it compares favorably to VG.
SW AG80
AG
We like SJ more than VG. In fact, SJ is our favorite place in the world.
Potcake
AG
We are 5-8 years out from retirement and are trying to find a place. VG is our favorite but residency issues and duties on everything coming in are troublesome. We are hoping we like St. John equally as much.
SW AG80
AG
Potcake, I was reading an old post and noticed you like to eat at the Hitching Post in Ozona. We both like the Virgin Islands. Are you from west Texas originally?
Potcake
AG
No, Fort Worth. Have travelled the state alot for work and have eaten there several times. There used to be another place in Ozona that we liked, The Cafe Next Door, but it closed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.