Gruene River Inn

1,202 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Vernada
a.froman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever stay there? Looking at staying a night here in a few weeks and it was the one place pretty close to downtown Gruene with availability
Vernada
AG
Don't know about the place. If it's all that's available I'm not sure if you have much of a choice, but that's not very convenient for accessing Gruene by foot. I know the map shows it's only 0.4 miles to Gruene Hall, but it wouldn't be a very easy or safe walk... no sidewalks, not a lot of street lights, no shoulder, etc.

Just use street view to 'walk' toward Gruene and you'll see what I mean.
helloag99
The wife and I stayed at the red brick inn which is closer to downtown/gruene hall and is owned by green river inn. We booked through gruene river inn and picked up our keys there. It has been several years ago but we were going to see a show at Gruene Hall and I didn't want to drive afterwards.

It was very convenient, but is basically an old house turned B&B. It is what I imagine staying at an old persons house would be like. We basically rolled into town in the afternoon, went to the room and changed, and went out, then slept there.

I would definitely stay there again if I was going back to the area.

I do remember a 2 night minimum on weekends.

ETA, I agree with Vernada about GRI not being safe walking distance to downtown. It is probably already booked, but check out the Gruene Mansion Inn.
helloag99

Texas Ag Mom
I think the GRI now owns the building that was Gruene Apple Inn & it is within safe walking distance to Gruene Hall, Gristmill, etc
Vernada
AG
I'm at Friday afternoon club so we drove by GRI on our way here.

There's no way I'd want to walk to Gruene from there.

Edit: not due to distance but due to safety.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.