Best Western

983 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgCPA95
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have they recently come under new management or changed their business model? I stayed a BW plus in Colorado Springs a few weeks ago for work after pretty much every other hotel (typically stay at Hilton, Starwood, and Marriott properties) were sold out. I was actually pretty impressed with the place. Nowhere near as bad as the best westerns I remember staying at on family vacations growing up.
histag10
AG
They rebranded about 5 or 6 years ago. They actually have a chain of higher end hotels and resorts as well.

Also, their rewards program is pretty good.
Ulrich
I feel like there is a ton of variation from property to property. Within the last 12 months I've stayed at one that was garbage and two that were very nice. All in tourist country, albeit a few hundred miles apart.
Tom Hagen
AG
I believe that they are franchised which is the reason for the big differences between properties.
histag10
AG
there are also different "levels" of BW hotels. Regular BW hotels are going to be the lower end, though you can find some that are pretty nice. BW Plus get a little better, BW Premier are actually pretty damn nice for the price. then they have their higher end/boutique branded hotels that hit a much nicer end of the spectrum.

Plus and Premier will pretty much be a hotel with gym, breakfast (sometimes they have a restaurant), indoor pool, pillow top mattress, nice bedding, updated bathrooms. Regular BW hotels is where you will find your mom and pop franchise motels that dont have the quality guidelines the others have, but occasionally find a nicer hotel that picked up a franchise and didnt want to pay the fee for the higher end lines.
AgCPA95
AG
Tom Hagen said:

I believe that they are franchised which is the reason for the big differences between properties.
Almost all the major hotel chains are franchise models for a large number of their properties: Hilton, IHG (Holiday Inn and related brands), Marriott, Starwood, Choice, etc.

It all comes down the qualifications and rigidity of their operating agreements and Best Western seems to qualify all kinds of properties which leads to a lot of inconsistency. Probably a good move on their part to start differentiating level of hotels.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.