Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

1,686 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LRHF
LRHF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On a flight there in morning, any must do activities? Sounds like we may fish for a day (yea, know the seas will be rough), tour a coffee/ sugarcane plantation, drink rum on beach etc. Would be super happy if anybody has a solid lead on a fly fishing guide on the island, my quick search a few weeks ago was pretty disappointing. Would be interested in recommendations that are fun, safe and away from resorts. TIA
Worm01
AG
I'm also looking at Punta Cana and need recommendations for a nice ADULTS ONLY all inclusive. Just looking online is overwhelming as there are dozens that all look the same. My requirements are:

- poolside or swim up bar
- good restaurant options
- private beach
- NO KIDS

I'm the opposite of the OP. I don't want to do s**t. I want a drink in my hand, something to float in, and places to eat within steps of where I can pass out. Any feedback is appreciated.
AustinCountyAg
Worm01 said:

I'm also looking at Punta Cana and need recommendations for a nice ADULTS ONLY all inclusive. Just looking online is overwhelming as there are dozens that all look the same. My requirements are:

- poolside or swim up bar
- good restaurant options
- private beach
- NO KIDS

I'm the opposite of the OP. I don't want to do s**t. I want a drink in my hand, something to float in, and places to eat within steps of where I can pass out. Any feedback is appreciated.

Excellence. EOT

Wife and I went there for our honeymoon and it was perfect. We did and wanted everything that you're wanting to do and asking for
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Excellence. Did 8 days for our honeymoon there 5yrs ago and have since visited their other properties as well.
KW02
AG
Cock Fighting.
CoolaidWade
AG
We have stayed at the Excellence as well and as a resort it was the best out of the other two properties we have stayed at.

The only downside is the beach there is not as nice as other properties south on Bavaro beach. But if you take a excursion to Saona Island you will have a full day at a nice white sand/clear blue water beach to make up for it.

If you have a chance at Excellence to upgrade to a Swim Out Suite I highly recommend it. My wife and I spent as much time at our pool then the beach. Pretty awesome.
LRHF
AG
We had a good time and enjoyed leaving the resort area to explore. Best trip was a tour of tobacco, sugarcane and cocoa plantations. Riu resort was plenty good, all you can eat/drink yet surrounded by poverty.

We scored a day with the DHARA and had a fun day chasing Marlin. We were rigged for Whites and landed one but hooked a blue and promptly broke him off. Great boat.

The other really good boat in the area is Tradition charters with Capt. Tim. He was booked but hooked us up with the Dhara. Sounds like chasing Blue Marlin in December is world class. If you are coming to the area to fish, give these guys a call, they both run very professional charters. Beware of any local boats that the hotels push, I read a lot of bad reviews and observed them fishing non productive areas since they couldn't get into the rougher/ deeper water. Posting the TR to assist those in future with some solid fishing resources. Don't come to the DR if you want to do any fly fishing unless chasing blues in December and booking a boat for 3-5 days!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.