Weekend Honeymoon pt 1

2,074 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Federale01
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting married in late July and going on a weekend honeymoon before we take our real one a few months later. We are located in Dallas. Would like to drive but will consider flying somewhere too!

You all have any recommendations on where to go for pt 1?
Tatem
budget?
AnyOtherName
AnyOtherName
AG
Not sure what happened before but I can't edit.

I wouldn't say budget is the issue. More of a time constraint. So "flying to Paris" is not the answer I am looking for. We are trying to fit in a little somethin in like 3-4 days for this first part since we are doing a 10-day to Balearic islands a few months later.

Thanks for responding.
Texas Ag Mom
If it were me I would drive. I travel a lot & my new motto is the airlines will not get you where you need to be on time. Lots of delays lately. For that short time frame it would be stressful for me. What about Fredricksburg? Wine tours & hiking enchanted rock. Lost Pines, JW Marriott San Anton, Gruene Mansion Inn (get a room facing the river).
dcbowers
AG
1. Congrats! Double congrats for not getting married during foot season!
2. Don't we follow rules anymore? Rule #1?
3. Serious answer: Rough Crrek Lodge (if you want to stay in Texas, it'll be hot in July) or the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs (fly directly into Colorado Springs from DFW, if you want to avoid the Texas heat).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Matsui
AG
Uh aren't airlines averaging 80% on time rate?
Fairview
AG
dcbowers said:

1. Congrats! Double congrats for not getting married during foot season!
2. Don't we follow rules anymore? Rule #1?
3. Serious answer: Rough Crrek Lodge (if you want to stay in Texas, it'll be hot in July) or the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs (fly directly into Colorado Springs from DFW, if you want to avoid the Texas heat).

I think the Broadmoor is a great idea. That's a really short flight and tons of stuff to do around there. It's a great hotel with a bunch of types of rooms if you want to go all out or keep it simple.
AnyOtherName
AG
Liking the Broadmoor idea!
Texas Ag Mom
Matsui said:

Uh aren't airlines averaging 80% on time rate?
Well sadly I must be in the 20%.
Texas Ag Mom
AnyOtherName said:

Liking the Broadmoor idea!
I was at the Broadmoor in August. It is a great hotel but can get a little crowded w/conventions & families. Lots of families. We got upgraded to one of the cottages on the golf course. We thought we were in heaven until.....grandma, mom, & dad that were next to us continued to yell at the kids all weekend. Lots of families!
Tatem
broken bow if you like outdoors
we just did 4 days in bimini bahamas for around $2000. worth it if you like the beach
TX AG 88
AG
So according to your numbers, unless you can fly direct, a 2-leg flight has just a 64% chance of getting you there with no delayed legs. Pray your first leg is the delayed one, AND your layover is long enough for you to make it on the 2nd one.

Drive somewhere!
HeightsAg
That is nonsense. First of all, just because the average on time rate in the US is 80%, that does not mean every flight is 80%. Northeast is always lower and Sunbelt higher. Second, he lives in Dallas. There should be no need to take connections so the chances that there will be a significant delay over the summer months (i.e. over an hour) is very small.

OP, this is your first vacation after your wedding. It will be an euphoric and memorable time so make the most of it. Go somewhere that you wouldn't typically go during a long weekend so basically not somewhere you can drive. You can do that anytime. Given it's July, don't know your interests but I would recommend somewhere in Colorado or the Bay Area. Napa/Sonoma or Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur is perfect that time of the year. Congrats
Joan Wilder
AG
You're going to be tired and happy - drive to a nice resort where you can relax, talk over everything and enjoy the time together vs shlepping through an airport, dealing with connections or delays, etc.
Federale01
AG
I'm sure you can get a direct to Salt Lake from Dallas. Park City would also be a great long weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.