Port Aransas

2,001 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SoTheySay
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are considering a beach house (close to beach) down in Port Aransas as a vacation rental but have never been there before. I've been to Rockport and South Padre but never landed in Port A.

This is 4 hours from where we live but I hear it attracts more Austin/San Antonio folks.

What are some good things to do? We are staying in the house we are interested in this Sunday - Tuesday so will check it out. Any particular beaches, areas, things to do/consider?
TyHolden
AG
Berns
Premium
AG
Forgot to add we have a 2 and 4 yo
HECUBUS
AG
Port Royal. Giant pool complex, our kids loved it from 1 - 7 years old. We always took the MIL and they were both accomplished swimmers by age 3.

A beach house will be like staying at home. Corpus Aquarium and the Lexington are fun with kids.
bump03
We liked cinnamon shores. Nice area and you can rents golf carts to drive around area as well as going back and forth to beach....which is nice with little kids and all their crap.
ww
AG
Been going to Port A for 30+ years, almost every year, sometimes multiple times.

We like setting up shop and hanging out at the beach (normally outside of town), but in town is good for people watching. Try some of the local restaurants, though they can be pricey, find the ones that aren't just for tourists.
BQ78
AG
When you get tired of the beach go deep sea fishing or kayak fishing.
SoTheySay
S
We are in the process of doing the same. I grew up in the area when Port Royal was newer. It's nice but I feel like it'a old and run down. Maybe thats just because I remember it shiny and new. Anyway, their HOA is high in my opinion.

Have stayed at Cinnamon Shores and really liked it. I would stay there again. We haven't looked at anything there - likely above the desired price point.

We've been working with an agent I really like and would be happy to share her info. After we get under contract.

But seriously - I love Port A and South Padre. Port A is so much more convenient for us. We literally just got home from SPI about 6 hours ago and the drive is a lot with three kids.
Premium
AG
SoTheySay said:

We are in the process of doing the same. I grew up in the area when Port Royal was newer. It's nice but I feel like it'a old and run down. Maybe thats just because I remember it shiny and new. Anyway, their HOA is high in my opinion.

Have stayed at Cinnamon Shores and really liked it. I would stay there again. We haven't looked at anything there - likely above the desired price point.

We've been working with an agent I really like and would be happy to share her info. After we get under contract.

But seriously - I love Port A and South Padre. Port A is so much more convenient for us. We literally just got home from SPI about 6 hours ago and the drive is a lot with three kids.

So what area are you looking in? Don't worry about us taking your house. The only one we'd buy this summer is one that isn't on the market - the person who sold us our Galveston house last year has one down there we may consider.
SoTheySay
S
We all loved one that had a contingency contract. I pushed to write an offer, mom hesistated and contingency has been removed. We saw it on Thursday for the first time in person and it was a favorite.

The top pick is in Village Walk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.