Destin - Live Music?

538 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigboykin
aggmaroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there any good live music venues in Destin? I've only gone one family trips. I'm looking for information for an adult trip. Suggestions and recommendations welcome.
nosoupforyou
AG
across from Rosemary Beach there is an outdoor theater area that has live music every night- you bring your own chairs or sit on the grass- it's AWESOME.. the area is called The Village of South Walton Beach - in Panama City, Beach
bigboykin
AG
Generally speaking, this area kinda sucks for live music. Tourists want to come and hear bad covers of Marley, Buffet, and Brown-Eyed Girl while their kids run around, so that's what the market caters to.

That said, the Summer Outdoor Concert Series is pretty fun (if more family-oriented). Obviously, it's outdoors at a pretty neat little venue and it's BYO beer/wine/cooler/chair/blanket/food/picnic setup/etc. Acts vary from locals to cover/tribute bands.

Beside that:

AJs - on Destin Harbor rowdier venue than most and geared to dancing, but usually fun and have live music most nights.
Funky Blues Shack - I haven't been in years but used to have a cool atmosphere and get some fun local acts. They're in a new location near mid-bay bridge in the old Chili's. My buddy Matt hosts a weekly Jazz Jam here and I think they still have open mic one weeknight.
KC's Sandbar - in downtown Ft Walton Beach, cool small outdoor venue with actual sand to play in, cornhole, etc.
Hog's Breath - Smaller venue and can be more of a townie/biker scene but it can be fun.
Red Bar - On 30A in Grayton but is a really cool venue, good food, and get some fun local acts.
Lulu's - Owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister, restaurant with overpriced but decent food in cool atmosphere with little beach area, cornhole, etc. on the Bay near mid-bay bridge
Harborwalk Village near Destin Pass and Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin on the Bay side both have outdoor stages and live music from time to time.
Howl at the Moon - dueling piano bar on Okaloosa Island.

Acts potentially worth seeing:

Nik Flagstar and His Dirty Mangy Dogs - Alt-Country/Rock, maybe along the lines of Hank3.
New Earth Army - Jam Band, maybe like DMB with a female lead vocalist
Dread Clampitt - bluegrassy rock, maybe think Mumfordish
Black Eyed Blonde - cover band that usually plays at AJ's, plays more radio rock (not the aforementioned typical beach tourist covers).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.