Steakhouse in Vegas for anniversary dinner?

2,416 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
Kay's Lounge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been surfing through the Vegas threads from the last year... I realize I may have missed it, but I didn't see much about steakhouse recs in Vegas. We're going up for our anniversary in May and staying at the Cosmo. I saw STK had some good reviews online, but they mentioned the "club-like" atmosphere. Any recs for someplace not club-like? Also, don't want to do V&A, since we can go there in Houston.
Appreciate any suggestions or old thread links that I'm overlooking! Thanks!
Always_Right
AG
I always eat at Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio when I'm there for work. You can sit outside and get an awesome view of the water show, food is really good too.
txag2008
AG
Hard to beat SW at Wynn
BSD
AG
Get the Kobe strip at the Wynn.
strohag
AG
Stripsteak is always solid
Bruce Almighty
AG
If money isn't an option, get the Kobe at SW. No other cut of beef is better in Vegas. If you don't want to spend 40 bucks an ounce, Cut is the best IMO.
Jock 07
AG
a bit dated, but this might help
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/1481835/3
Premium
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

If money isn't an option, get the Kobe at SW. No other cut of beef is better in Vegas. If you don't want to spend 40 bucks an ounce, Cut is the best IMO.

40 an ounce
Tom Hagen
AG
Delmonico
I Play With Guns
S
SW @ Wynn
SbisaVictim95
AG
SW @ Wynn and Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris usually get the most hype.

Heritage Steak at Mirage is very good. It's Tom Colicchio's (sp?) other place besides Craftsteak at MGM.
The Silverback
AG
SW is the best in town.

STK is definitely club like atmosphere so if that is not your thing I would not recommend it. Delmonico in Pallzo is my 2nd favorite and then Jean George in Aria and Cut at Palazzo are both decent.

FYI....Cosmo has best restaurant collection on the strip IMO. Zuma for dinner, Holsteins for lunch, China Poblano for lunch, The Henry for breakfast are all top notch.
steve00
AG
While I agree with you that Cosmo has the best collection of restaurants on the strip, I'm amused that your list and my list don't overlap at all. My list:

Scarpetta
Jaleo
e (inside Jaleo)
STK
Momo***u
Rose Rabbit Lie
Beauty & Essex
Egg****

Belton Ag
AG
At our anniversary dinner in Vegas a couple months ago we ate at the Old Homestead in Caesar's. I've also eaten at Cut at the Palazzo and Prime at the Bellagio (although these were "guy" trips so not so much romantic). All three were excellent and I'm sure would be a memorable time for you.
Silky Johnston
I thought Momfoku sucked when we had it this past weekend.
Kay's Lounge
AG
Thank you all for the recommendations! Really appreciate it!
Debating between SW and Prime, I think. So many choices!
Always_Right
AG
If you go to Prime, on your reservation request to be seated outside so you can take in the water show.
steve00
AG
To each his own. I would agree that it isn't as good as Noodle House in NY, but that is typical of any place that opens up in LV. They always water it down a little to appeal to the masses. The pork belly buns, the pork ramen and the unique old fashioned were all very good.
Silky Johnston
I agree on the pork belly buns and the old fashioned, but maybe it was an off night for the ramen. It was incredibly salty and we weren't able to finish it.

Wicked Good Ag
Although the above options are great from what I hear. A solid choice that is a good value is Hugo's Cellar downtown in the 4 Queens

Very cozy and romantic f that is what you are looking for...probably not the guys trip type of place
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.