NYC Kids Stuff

1,543 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hds
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for 2-3 Kids activities/stops in NYC for our May trip. Kids are 3, 7, 11.

Each activity can have 2-3 hrs devoted to it. Something where adults can also kill time there doing something would be perfect.

We were thinking of the NYC Police Museum as one place.
ToddyHill
AG
https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/stores/us/rockefeller-center
An Ag in CO
AG
Gulliver's Gate
Sony Wonder Technology Lab
Natural History Museum
New York Transit Museum
Chinatown
South Street Seaport
Books of Wonder
Queens County Farm Museum (involves a short train ride from Penn Station)
jeffdjohnson
An afternoon in Central Park around May sounds nice.
BlueAg2003
AG
Take a ride on the Staten Island ferry. It's about 30-35 minutes each way, free, and has a great view of the skyline and Statue of Liberty. Plus, what kid doesn't love a good boat ride?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Museum of Natural History - it's like the world's largest zoo except all of the animals are dead
Central Park - beyond just the park itself, the zoo is small but cool
Agree with Staten Island Ferry - great way to see Statue of Liberty without the beating of lines, security, etc
Rockefeller Center - various activities and the top is a good alternative to see the city vs some other options like Empire St. Skating there is a classic but i think it closes for the season around now
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good suggestions.

Anyone done the NYC Police Museum? The 11 yr old and 7 yr old have expressed an interest in that.
ATM9000
AG
I was down that direction for business abt a month ago... I'm pretty sure that place is closed.

Check out the Museum of Math around Madison Square Park. My kids love that place.
DannyDuberstein
AG
NYC Police museum got flooded by Hurricane Sandy and I dont think it ever reopened
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
yikes, indeed...looks like its closed. damn.

ok thanks for the input.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Dillons candy shop
Blue man group - sit in first 3 rows. My kids loved this.
hds
AG
Rent bikes and roam around Central Park. Stop and rent boats and back on bikes! I rented bikes morning of using groupon and was half the price if we would have walked up. My son and I had the best time and was one thing that was spur of the moment.

Plan ahead and buy tickets to crown of Statue of Liberty. Go early it gets HOT! Tickets on sale online and go fast!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.