Bribes

1,248 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JSKolache
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am not comfortable doing this but have seem numerous travelers do it very nonchalant. Once caught on the border between Mexico and Belize. Mexican customs singled myself and my friend out. Sat on the bright for about an hour before they waved us through.
tamc91
AG
I went to Panama for work several times back in the 90s with a guy who had been there before and all over Central America and Northern Africa. He always took a few extra 20s in his pockets. The traffic cops would pick us out, even though we were following a line of cars. They would tell us about some traffic law like "no cross the double amarillo line". He'd ask "warning, por fa vor". If the hesitated he'd say it again with a $20 in his hand. We'd drive away every time. He just considered it part of the cost of doing business there.
TXCityAggie
AG
I live in Guatemala and bribes from Gringos are just part of life here.
FHKChE07
AG
Living in Asia as long as I did, I got so used to bribing people that I've started doing it back in America. I love it.
JSKolache
AG
works on doormen in Vegas also
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.