Places you wish you visited while still single?

20 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FHKChE07
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Go?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Let's just say that when I grew up in Saudi Arabia, almost all of the Single-Status guys would stop off in Thailand for R&R. As a kid, I only got inferences but, my old man and I were having some drinks one night and he didn't disclose details but, he said that some of the guys told him some crazy stories about Thailand.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
There have been several posts about some place in colombia lately. It looks nice.
notheranymore
Single aka still in good shape
Machu Pichu (sp)
South Pacific (I can't imagine traveling that far from my kids right now and I'm sure not taking them while they're too young to appreciate)

Bruce Almighty
AG
Budapest
Wicked Good Ag
Traveling to me is best with others but if talking unattached thus no regrets I would think Amsterdam
Spore Ag
Places where I did not understand or appreciate the risks. Like hiking Kashmir. However I might not be typing this now.
Furlock Bones
AG
Colombia for sure. If you are a single male, Colombia is the place. Seriously.
Always_Right
AG
32 and single, I've been to every major city in the US, Yosemite, Hawaii, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Alaska, Rome, London and Paris. I'm going to Machu Picchu and Ireland next year. If you have the financial ability travel as much and as often as you can, plenty of time to have a family and settle down later.
CoolaidWade
AG
Did not travel much when I was single but here to encourage everyone with the financial ability to do so..... I really wish I was able too.

I have the means right now and my wife and I travel all over the world and I have no regrets....

But man, if I could have done this while single.....

My vote would be Amsterdam.
Ag CPA
AG
I think of it in terms of places I wish I had gone when I was younger (and in better shape); Costa Rica always comes to mind.

Actually love traveling with the family now; it's ridiculous but our kids are probably going to be Platinum Pro on American by year-end.
FHKChE07
AG
Thailand. And it isn't even close. That place is made for single guys in their 20s.
johnrth
The only thing I wish I did when I was single was buy a van and just go drive all over north America and live out of the van for a couple of months. I would have liked to have the me time to find out my life path, and experience everything north America has.
htxag09
AG
For sure. The whole time I was in Bangkok with my wife I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a bachelor party there...but it would be possible we wouldn't all make it out alive.
FHKChE07
AG
I lived in Asia for quite a while and I wouldn't go to Bangkok without a chaperone because I was too worried about my personal well being. My buddy and I went to ****et for a long weekend with no supervision and lived the The Hangover 2 before it even came out. We were running a gambling ring betting on 6 year olds boxing each other until some very large men came over and said "No."
62strat
AG
Great_I_Am said:

32 and single, I've been to every major city in the US, Yosemite, Hawaii, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Alaska, Rome, London and Paris. I'm going to Machu Picchu and Ireland next year. If you have the financial ability travel as much and as often as you can, plenty of time to have a family and settle down later.

Reminds me of my wife's older cousin. She was so focused on career (lawyer) and not being tied down, and then dated all 30s, but no man was good enough in the beginning, then as time went by, she couldn't find a man without baggage (kids or divorce).

Now she's 42. Still looking for that perfect guy with no baggage.
JSKolache
AG
So you're going for the strange, not the sights?
CS78
beefiedoubleoh said:

So you're going for the strange, not the sights?
Going for the strange sights!
Jock 07
AG
https://www.theyachtweek.com
TXCityAggie
AG
Bangkok and Medellin for sure.
moses1084ever
AG
Estonia, Latvia, or any of the Scandinavian countries
FbgTxAg
AG
Majorca
FHKChE07
AG
Oooo, yeah, good thinking Moses. I loved the slavic region of Europe also. And Romania.. Great fun there.
redsox34
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Budapest
I'll be there this summer
Bruce Almighty
AG
As crazy as Amsterdam with the hottest women I've ever seen.
Always_Right
AG
My situation is totally different than hers, I have no desire right now to have a family. I love traveling and experiencing the world, that may change in 5 - 10 years but as of now traveling is a desire of mine, having a family is not.
Waterski02
AG
I don't get the travel everywhere mentality. I chose to make my life in a travel destination and live my life. Yes it had its sacrifices but I've met people from all walks of life, and get to enjoy it on a daily basis. Meanwhile the rest of you bust your asses to go on vacation 2-3 weeks of the year.
Waterski02
AG
And to answer the question Asia
texasaggie04
AG
I recommend visiting Ukraine. The women will put Amsterdam to shame.
ww
AG
I'm disappointed that nobody flat out said, "your mom."
Thunder18
AG
Thailand, Australia, continental Europe
Premium
AG
Waterski02 said:

I don't get the travel everywhere mentality. I chose to make my life in a travel destination and live my life. Yes it had its sacrifices but I've met people from all walks of life, and get to enjoy it on a daily basis. Meanwhile the rest of you bust your asses to go on vacation 2-3 weeks of the year.

Go on...
Bruce Almighty
AG
Waterski02 said:

Then why are you even on the travel board?
FlyFish95
Israel.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.