Palm Springs hotels?

939 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by putu
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are going over Memorial Day weekend, and have never been before. We want a nice, couples-type hotel and the true Palm Springs "experience". Any recommendations?

Also, any fun or relaxing tips while we're there would be great too! Thanks.
Potcake
AG
Our go to is La Maison.
http://www.lamaisonpalmsprings.com
Tatem
there's a high-end outlet mall about 1 hour away. if you're into that it's worth the drive
we loved palm springs, but we weren't there long. have fun
dcAg
Orbit In (That is the correct spelling.) www.orbitin.com

Was there 6 weeks ago and had a fantastic time. Walking distance to the main strip.
putu
AG
You can go a couple of different routes here (I was going to say "ways" there, but it is Palm Springs and that could be interpreted differently!).

If looking for a true PS experience, try to stay as close to downtown PS as possible and not in a chain type place. Lots of cool, boutique hotels to chose from. Some of my favorites are Avalon, Arrive, L'Horizon.

Other options would be the Resort route. Lots to chose from here as well. I would normally offer you an Aggie discount rate here at my resort, but A) We will be jammed packed with kids/families B) This is a very busy weekend and I cant offer big discounts. I would really consider La Quinta Resort if you chose a resort.

A few places that fall in between are the Ritz and Riviera, for different reasons.

And there are lots of things to do when you are here, but it will be HOT during the day. Probably low 100's. Should still be warm in the evenings, but not too bad. Last year it hit 124 in mid June...

Some of my top recs while here are: Joshua Tree, Modernism Tour, Arial Tram, BMW Driving School and shopping on El Paseo.

As one poster mentioned, the outlet mall nearby is worth the trip. Has your basic stores, plus all major designers like Gucci, Boss, etc. Great for all ages/sexes.

Hope this helps. Shoot me an email if you have any more questions.

rmcleroy at omnihotels dot com
"Cal (9-3) vs. Texas A&M (9-3). On the list of rare sights in Southern California, a team running the option -- as the Aggies like to do with QB Stephen McGee -- ranks right up there with real breasts and 12 inches of snow." Stewart Mandel CNNSI
Potcake
AG
OP,
Other things to do:
Drinks at the Tropicale
Sunday jazz at Melvyn's (make a reservation)
There is great golf there
+1 on tram rec
Dinner at Shanghai Red's
Mr. Lyon's (go to secret bar inside)
I like to go for runs through neighborhoods, lot's of cool houses there
Drinks at Bootlegger tiki bar
Lunch at Spencer's, near Tennis Club
We drove out to Salton Sea on one trip, kind of disappointed

TulaneAg
We attend a convention/meeting at the Omni Las Palmas every year and it's a nice resort. But lately, my wife has been flying in on Thursday afternoon and then we've been moving to a vrbo or airbnb house on Friday through Sunday or Monday. We'll rent a cool mid century house with a big pool and backyard and just hang by the pool, grill ,etc. It's been a lot of fun and we're doing it again this year.

They shut down the main street through downtown Palm Springs on Thursday nights and vendors, artists, performers, etc. set up shop on the sidewalks. It's kinda cool to eat dinner and stroll down the street checking things out.
putu
AG
TulaneAg said:

We attend a convention/meeting at the Omni Las Palmas every year and it's a nice resort. But lately, my wife has been flying in on Thursday afternoon and then we've been moving to a vrbo or airbnb house on Friday through Sunday or Monday. We'll rent a cool mid century house with a big pool and backyard and just hang by the pool, grill ,etc. It's been a lot of fun and we're doing it again this year.

They shut down the main street through downtown Palm Springs on Thursday nights and vendors, artists, performers, etc. set up shop on the sidewalks. It's kinda cool to eat dinner and stroll down the street checking things out.
shoot me an email next time you're coming in. Would love to say "howdy"! Email is listed above.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.