CAMBODIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1,500 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
I Play With Guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
So we decided to add 5 days in Cambodia to our Thailand trip in December. Flights have already been booked for a while.

I've heard the people are just out of this world and the country is absolutely beautiful.

We are spending 1 night in Phonm Penh and 4 nights in Siam Reap. From there we are flying to Bangkok!

Any restaurant recs or things to do in Cambodia?!?
Old School Rucking
AG
fwag04
AG
Try to fit Koh Rong in if you can. Find a shooting range that has RPGs in Phnom Penh, the one we went to is no longer in business, they ran out of RPGs.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
There is a landmine museum in Siem Reap that my friends and I enjoyed. Taking a boat out to see the floating villages was also pretty cool. Make sure you check out some of the outlying temples. They are less crowded and sometimes are a little bit covered in jungle, which is kind of cool. Make sure you have your shoulders and knees covered if you want to go to the top of angkor wat. I can't quite remember the specific dress code, but I do remember lots of upset people who couldn't enter because they hadn't bothered to pay attention.
CS78
fwag04 said:

Try to fit Koh Rong in if you can. Find a shooting range that has RPGs in Phnom Penh, the one we went to is no longer in business, they ran out of RPGs.
Looks like this is the go to place. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293940-d8417222-Reviews-Cambodia_Firing_Range_Outdoor_Phnom_Penh-Phnom_Penh.html

RachAg2007
AG
We spent 3 nights in Siem Reap and 2 in Phnom Penh. PP was really pretty, set alongside a river. S21 and the Killing Fields are a must. We did the audio tours at each site and hired a tuk tuk driver to take us around.
Personally, I felt the town of Siem Reap was nothing special. The night market was cool but after visiting China Town in Bangkok, it was a bit of a letdown. Angkor Wat is worth every penny, even though they jacked up the price of the pass. Women having bare shoulders in the temples was a big no-no. You can buy water between the sites, don't worry about bringing a lot to start. Get up early and go for sunrise. You will share that experience with hundreds of people but it's quite beautiful. We did a silk farm tour and saw the silk making process. I'm a little nerdy so I thought it was cool.
I did not think the food was anything special, especially compared to Thailand and Vietnam.
I wouldn't bother with the Cambodian beaches if you are hitting the beaches in Thailand.
fwag04
AG
CS78 said:

fwag04 said:

Looks like this is the go to place. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293940-d8417222-Reviews-Cambodia_Firing_Range_Outdoor_Phnom_Penh-Phnom_Penh.html

This is the one we used, but that looks like almost the exact same thing.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293940-d5602357-Reviews-Cambodia_Extreme_Outdoor_Shooting_Range-Phnom_Penh.html
TXCityAggie
AG
I'm moving to Siem Reap in July. You will love Cambodia....if you can find a way to spend another night in Phnom Penh then do it. Also, Cambodia Angkor Air had some very cheap flights between the capital and Siem Reap. I booked a round trip for September for $18.
I Play With Guns
S
Thanks for all the tips, especially the dress code!

We've got temples, the shooting range, the killing fields and a few other things on our agenda. Will def have to research the night market and the floating villages.
JSKolache
AG
PP & Siem Reap same same, but different
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.