Belize

3,007 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Chicken Ranch
bthobig12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are looking to spend our anniversary in Belize this year. Any recommendations on places to stay? We would be there in early October.
Cedar Bayou Ag
AG
depends. are you looking for beachy areas, and if so touristy beach areas, or lodges that are on an island, or rainforest lodges? My wife and I honeymooned in Belize.. It is a wonderful place to visit. If you are looking for an all inclusive private island lodge, we stayed at Coco Plum just off the coast in Dangria for one week. This lodge is strictly for couples. They have excursions each and everyday for their guests. Some of the excursions are on the mainland as well. American type cocktails are extra, at least they were when we were there, but any type of beachy rum drinks are all included. You can also fish out at the lodge if you like doing that. Lots of bone fish around there. Week 2, we rented a car and stayed in a rainforest lodge for 2 nights. It was called Black Rock lodge.. my wife is a venturous woman, so we didn't have a reservation. We just picked it out of a book and drove. It is way off the beaten path.. it was too hippish for me, but the food and accommodations were great. The rest of our time there we stayed in the southern most beach town of Placencia. It is a peninsula and it reminded me of Rockport. Their water comes from a spring, so it is safe to drink. Wonderful fishing and spectacular diving and snorkeling, and the food and people there were awesome. Here is the link to Coco Plum: https://www.cocoplumcay.com/
V8Aggie
AG
Wife and I will be in San Pedro at the Victoria House towards the end of May. We're just going to relax, snorkel and sex (I hope).
nosoupforyou
AG
wow that looks awesome! Seems like Maldives, but closer to Texas.. just wow!
JSKolache
AG
Lots of AirBNB options in Pedro as well
Zigzig
We are headed to Ramon's Village in a couple of days. My wife's best friend owns a dive shop in Arlington and says it is the best place to go if you like scuba diving. I've just read 4 pages of reviews on TripAdvisor and this place sounds great for us. Two dives per day, good food, good ambiance. Can't wait. If anyone has been to this place would love to hear more.

thisguy05
AG
We stayed at Matachica on a Texags recommendation. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Belize is awesome
The Chicken Ranch
AG
If you really like to dive, check out Turneffe Island Resort. Right now they are running a "stay 7 nights for the price of 4" special if you go after July 1. Just buy trip insurance in case of a hurricane, as you would anyway.

This is the best place we've been.
whit02
Victoria House is Amazing. It's on the far south end of the island, but not far from town.
I would try not to stay on the far North end of the island. The roads aren't great up there so it takes a while to get back to town.
If you want to go the VRBO route, I have stayed at the Twisted Palm Villas. Great location, great host, and a great price. It's also located next door to the Dive Bar which is a great place to eat, with live music, and they also provide snorkeling, fishing, etc. Very convenient.
BSD
AG
Since my Virgin Gorda trip next year is very likely not happening, I'm looking at Belize for my family vacation. Im thinking a day or two inland and then the beach. My main interest is snorkeling since I'm not certified to dive yet. I was thinking a few days in Placencia and then Ambergris Caye. Is that too ambitious? Or doabale. The main reason to visit Placencia would be to swim with whale sharks but I can skip that (did it off Isla Mujeres last year). Any recs (snorkel sites and hotels with great snorkeling off the beach especially) are appreciated.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
You should check out Iguana Reef in Caye Caulker. It isn't plush or 5*, but I think they have good snorkeling. And it is layed back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.