Nashville Recommendations

1,101 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Fat Tony
texranger66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife is wanting to take a trip to Nashville, for about 4-5 days, this summer for just the 2 of us. Looking for recommendations:
  • Places to eat.
  • Must see places. Will likely rent a car and go see the countryside, so anything within a couples hours of Nashville would be good as well.
  • Lodging recommendations.
  • Any hidden gems or hole in the wall places are always welcome.
Potcake
AG
This is a recent thread.
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2836277
Do a search because I know there have been several the last two years, especially for Vandy football game and the Liberty Bowl. Both of those had alot of info.
Hattie B's hot chicken BTW.
TexAg91
AG
Loveless Cafe
Absolute
AG
We went for spring break. My thoughts :

Loveless Cafe was okay. Hit it on our way back to Dallas for breakfast. Was good, but nothing special.

Don't stay at the Gaylord. Well, to be more precise, don't eat there. All of the food optioned absolutely sucked. If we went again we would stay downtown.

One good place we ate at was Rudy's seafood and sausage.

Franklin downtown was cool, Pucketts was really good.

Unfortunately, spring break happened to be one of the coldest weeks of the year. So our experience was a bit skewed. It was either rainy and cold or just freaking COLD the whole time we were there.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Perfect!

Wife and I will be there at the end of the month for the Rock'n Roll half marathon. Thanks for the info!
TempleAg97
AG
Went when the Ags played at Vandy and loved it. You need to spend a couple nights on Lower Broadway even if you are not a country music guy, especially Tootsies and Robert's Western World.

Restaurants
Monnel's at the Manor - Wow! Family style in a gorgeous mansion.

Loveless Cafe - great biscuits and jam and big country ham. Walk the complex.

Ellston Place Soda Shop - cool place, malts

Great sites

Grand Ol Opry - Get tickets. You won't be disappointed.

The Hermitage - Andrew Jackson home and grounds. Beautiful and unique.

The Parthenon - Replica and pretty park

Jack Daniel's - Great tour about an hour away.
TennAg
If you're planning to rent a car and drive in the country like you say, start the day at Loveless which is historical and cool if not a little overrated (I lived a couple miles from it for years). However, it's at the mouth of Natchez Trace which is a gorgeous drive and you can take that down toward the Franklin/Leiper's Fork area. That would be a great start to a day trip in the car.
texranger66
AG
Thanks for all the recommendations Ags.
Fat Tony
Fat Tony
AG
Was there recently. Great trip. I really enjoyed Nashville.

[ol]
  • Hattie B's Hot Fried Chicken - It's fine. Food was good. If you've never had fried chicken, it might be great. not worth a long wait, IMO.
  • The Hermitage Hotel
  • The Bluebird Cafe - Tickets go on sale one week prior to show at 8:00am. Can be purchased online. We got tickets, but they sold out in about 30 seconds. 90 seats.
  • Broadway (downtown)
  • Biscuit Love - I really enjoyed this place. We were lucky and didn't have to wait in line, though. Good food. Neat place. Went for breakfast. Arrived around 9:30am.
  • Ryman backstage tour - Not worth it, IMO. Take the self-guided tour. See a show at Ryman. It was great.
  • Hermitage - Andrew Jackson
  • The Pharmacy - Burgers. Decent burgers. A lot of beer. Nice beer garden.
  • The Loveless Cafe - Just okay, IMO. Don't go out of your way.
  • Studio B tour - Loved it. Big Elvis fan. One of my favorite things we did.
  • Country Music Hall of Fame Museum - included w/ the Studio B tour.
  • Belmont Mansion
  • Aggies vs. Vanderbilt - Baseball
  • Yeast Nashville - Great kolaches. Traditionally prepared using Czech recipes. I assumed they were from TX - a lot of UH, TCU, etc. memorabilia. And, they knew how to make great kolaches.
  • Franklin - Lotz house, Carter House - Would recommend if you're interested in Civil War
  • Greenbrier Distillery tour
  • The Southern - Downtown. Would recommend.
  • [/ol]
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.