England in June, so what clothes to pack?

952 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Superdave1993
Superdave1993
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just booked 10 day tickets for the family in the middle of June, and have not been before.

About 2-3 days up north around Yorkshire, 2-3 days in London, 2-3 down south. We have not firmed up plans yet.

I have read that tennis shoes, shorts or jeans make you stand out like a tourist. I know that we will look out of place, but I want to not be the obvious tourist for pick pockets or be under dressed for certain places.

I have seen recommendations for travel pants, dress shoes and not sure I want to buy without some decent advice.

I know we will be walking in the city and country, hitting some local pubs, and touring churches and old buildings.

What say Texags?
Wife is an Aggie
Superdave1993
AG
I have a couple of these on lay-a-way with a proper wig as well.

dcAg
It will most likely book cool and rainy. No problem with jeans. Do you have hiking boots or casual walking shoes that are comfortable?
Everyone is going to know you are a tourist anyway...
Superdave1993
AG
Thank you. I have good boots, and glad to hear jeans are ok.
BQ78
AG
Outrageous!!! The man in your picture is not properly dressed without a hat!

I was in England in June a few years ago and it was in the 90s the whole time, unseasonably warm and more miserable than Texas because no one had air conditioning and it was quite humid.

Unless you wear grays and blacks you will stick out as tourist, if your kids wear T-shirts with messages on them, you will stick out as a tourist, if you are boisterous and having a good time you will stick out like a tourist...

In all likely hood you will stick out like a tourist, I remember my buddy and I ran into two girls on the street who were obviously Americans and they squealed with delight and said, "Fellow Americans!" The next word out of their mouth was, "The food is terrible over here and you can't get a cold drink of anything." "Yep" was our reply.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
HHAG
AG
Rainwear.
Superdave1993
AG
I love Texags, I learn so much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.