Vacation question/Gulf Shores related

733 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by busdriver88
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw the other thread, thought I'd hop on, but my issue is bit different.

We haven't had a family vacation for various reasons for almost 4 years. Finally decided, dammit, doing it this year. Don't want to do the Texas coast, BenThereDoneThat. Want to go to Bama or FLA. Have twin 15 year olds and a 4 year old. Don't want to push things with the 4 year old any further than I have to, so no "30A" talk here. We will be driving.

The main reason I need help here is because my 15 year old (Fish) boy has been told by coaches he has 2 weeks that are "preferable" to take vacation. The week of July 3rd and Aug 7th. He's going to be Varsity next year and I don't want to push it. I know, humble brag.

I would rather schedule this vaca sooner than later (in July), but I'm thinking, Oh Man...that's got to be the most expensive of the season. I'm probably right in thinking this, right? Also, we've had good experiences renting houses or condos in Texas.....is this doable for a decent rate at the times I'm looking for?

I've never went to these beaches and neither has the wife...we have no clue. Help needed obviously,
aTm2004
AG
We found a 4 bedroom condo on the beach in Gulf Shores through AirBnB that comes out to around $150/night. Looks to be a pretty decent place with an updated kitchen and bathrooms. Even if it's not, it's better than a hotel for the week. Maybe worth a shot. Oh, we'll be there in mid-August.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Week of 7/4 will be prime time but the next week should be doable for GS, although it would have been ideal to book earlier. GS/orange beach is nice, enjoy!

The traffic coming in to gs on Saturday is a mofo. Either come in early or late.
busdriver88
AG
I suggest Fort Morgan.

Reed Properties...

The Alabama beach is the bomb. Rent a house on the beach and enjoy. Seriously.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.