Best dance halls in Texas?

1,501 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GSS
razor63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I really enjoy going to live music venues on the weekends. We've been to Luchenbach and Gruene several times and was wondering if they're are any other similar country dance halls that my fellow Ags would recommend?
SW AG80
AG
Quihi outside of Catroville is a really good, family oriented place. Leon Springs on I-10 just outside San Antonio is a good place to go, but they are not open to the public every weekend. Flores County Store in Helotes is one of the great old places. Many greats have performed there. They draw really big crowds when people like Cody Johnson or Asleep At The Wheel are there, but for Gary P. Nunn there is not a big crowd and the dance floor has plenty of room. It is a place you must go to some day.
a.froman
AG
Got to go to Schroeder Dance Hall. 2nd oldest dance hall in Texas behind Gruene. It is between Victoria and Goliad. Lots of times they have some pretty good artists that play there. When I was younger they still had the low ceiling and big dance hall windows. However, they have now made some upgrades but still well worth it.
histag10
AG
London Dance Hall
Potcake
AG
Coupland Dancehall northwest of Austin between Elgin and Taylor.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
a.froman said:

Got to go to Schroeder Dance Hall. 2nd oldest dance hall in Texas behind Gruene. It is between Victoria and Goliad. Lots of times they have some pretty good artists that play there. When I was younger they still had the low ceiling and big dance hall windows. However, they have now made some upgrades but still well worth it.

THIS! if you have never been to Schroeder, you are missing out.
histag10
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/www.wideopencountry.com/10-texas-dance-halls-hill-country/amp/
CuriousAg
Hurricane Harry's
Josepi
AG
Criders in Hunt, TX is a good place.
GSS
The bad news: Schroeder Hall has closed, and is being auctioned. Leon Springs is about to close (end of April).

The good: Anhalt Hall between Boerne and New Braunfels...fantastic, large 100+ y/o German Hall.
Kendalia Hall
Twin Sisters (not open very often)
Martinez Hall (east of San Antonio)
Fayette County Fairgrounds Hall..great hall, host to the annual Best Little Cowboy Gathering, and other events thru the year.

Plus the mentioned Quihi and Coupland..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.