Kennebunkport

1,011 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dodger02
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably headed up there over the 4 Jul weekend for a wedding. Thinking about extending a few days to check out the area. Have never been in that part of the country. Any suggestions on what to see, eat, do?
lunchbox
Wells is pretty close and The Maine Diner is pretty good for breakfast. We stopped there because we saw it had been on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and did not leave disappointed.

Edit to add - we only ate breakfast foods but it was during the lunch hour and everything I saw come out of the kitchen looked good.
dodger02
AG
I have a friend with a condo in Kennebunk (right next door to Kennebunkport). We love visiting. But, I can't say there are too many "must see" or "must do's". Walker's Point is pretty. It's the Bush complex. There are lots of great eateries, too.

We usually spend a day walking around town each time we visit. But, we primarily use it as a stopover before heading upstate for rafting.
coop-aero-06
AG
Eat lots of lobster
ZofranAggie
AG
Lobster
Blueberry pie
Sechsy time and lots of walking around to burn off calories from the above
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jana-Ag
AG
I highly recommend Merriland Farm Cafe for breakfast and Joshua's for dinner. They are both in Wells and a short drive from Kennebunkport. Joshua's is incredible and during the summer months, will require reservations weeks in advance.
14thFairway
AG
We've been the last 3 years for the 4th of July and will be back the week after this year.

Food:
Nunan's will get you a true Maine lobster experience
Clam Shack will get you the award winning lobster rolls. Try the fried clams and fresh lemonade as well
Tia's has a good patio for happy hour and drinks
David's is my family's favorite dinner place, by far. Awesome food and right on the river.

The Colony hotel has a great view of the water and the beaches. The town will have a fireworks show starting around 9 pm on the 4th. Last year we did the buffet at the Colony for dinner and walked out on the grounds to watch the show. Highly recommend this if you are planning to watch the fireworks. It's an awesome setup and you can see all of the surrounding towns' fireworks shows and watch all the boats in town head out to get a spot around 8:30 pm.

dodger02
AG
I think the beach in Ogunquit will probably be packed on July 4th week(end). But, it's a pretty decent beach by New England standards (there's actually sand). There are a few smaller beaches in Kennebunkport, too. But, they're really small and located around the resorts. They'll probably be packed.

The last time we were up there, we ate brunch at Bintliff's Ogunquit. It was fantastic. Probably the best brunch I've ever had and one of the top 2-3 Bloody Mary's I've ever experienced (the best is the B.L.T Mary at Hash House in Las Vegas).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.