Pretty nice offer from Starwood/Westin/W Hotels / Sheraton

2,099 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HawthornAggie
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't post this unless I thought it was actually a good deal. I think I may have posted one offer like this in 20 years of Texag'ing. If this offends you, well, sorry.

I have a Starwood AMEX. I am a HUGE Starwood guy. And the credit card is consistently rated as one of the best year after year in terms of giving you perks. I rarely pay for hotels because of Starwood. I have stayed at some absolutely amazing Starwood properties.

All you need to do is PM your email address and I will send you a link.

OK, so here is what they sent me:
YOUR FRIEND CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR HIGHEST STARPOINTS BONUS.
25,000 bonus Starpoints after they use their new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months and an extra 10,000 bonus Starpoints after they make an additional $2,000 in purchases within the first 6 months.

Now's the perfect time to refer your friends for The Starwood Preferred GuestCredit Card from American Express.1,2 Each new Card Member can earn up to 35,000 bonus Starpoints. Your approved referrals can quickly add up to 55,000 bonus Starpoints3 for you. Here's how:

Once you make a referral, that friend will automatically receive an email from American Express.

Friends must apply through button in the email and be approved in order for you to earn your referral bonus.

New Card Members must be referred and approved by April 5, 2017.

dcAg
That is a great deal. I am also a Starwood guy but already have the card
Objective Aggie
AG
Even if no one takes me up on the offer, the Starwood credit card is more than likely a better card than most other travel cards. I would encourage you to look into it whenever the time is right and you need a new card, as you earn points faster and have more flexibility than most programs.

I am a pretty seasoned traveler and find American Airlines miles to be frustrating, Marriott and Hilton points to be "ok, not great". Starwood and Marriott are merging, but I still hear there will be some dividing line because of folks like me that are Starwood loyalists to the core.
Bulldog73
AG
And the Starwood loyalty coordinator is staying on for the merged company. Hopefully that means good things for the combined program.
Hincemm
AG
matthince at yahoo pls
Objective Aggie
AG
just sent
AggieRAGE
AG
Does anyone know what the new terms will be once the program merges with Marriott? I currently have the SW card and Starwood. Thinking of switching to Chase Sapphire when the merger is complete since I'd be able to transfer points towards SW and hotel points.
farmer95
AG
As a Lifetime Platinum with Starwood, I sure hope they preserve the best aspects of the SPG program....but I'll believe it when I see it.
bjork
Fishing for referrals. I respect your game!

Don't forget the Amex SPG Business as well. Your name as the business name and SSN as business/tax # and you're set.

Spouse and yourself get both, transfer 3x to Marriott, you'll have exactly enough for the Hotel + Air package - 132,000 United points and 7-nights at a Tier 3 property. That's a RT US to Spain and 7 nights at the Ritz Abama.
62strat
AG
I just signed up for marriott card about an hour ago hah. I got offer in mail for 100K points, plus another 7500 if I add a user. I already had about 110k, so my total is gonna take a leap.
bjork
Just an FYI. Chase considers your 'Authorized User' as one of their 5/24 slots. It might make more sense for them to apply on their own for the bonus. Spouses can transfer up to 50k Marriott pts./year or, transfer Marriott to SPG and you can transfer unlimited SPG between accounts. So if your AU is a spouse, it makes more sense for them to burn a 5/24 slot on the 100k bonus than 7,500 bonus.
Hincemm
AG
Objective Aggie said:

just sent
i didn't get the email. will you please verify the address?

matthince@yahoo.com

i'll delete my address on here once i see it come through.

thx!
Objective Aggie
AG
Hincemm said:

Objective Aggie said:

just sent
i didn't get the email. will you please verify the address?

xxxxxx@yahoo.com

i'll delete my address on here once i see it come through.

thx!
hmmm. Just sent again.
Objective Aggie
AG
farmer95 said:

As a Lifetime Platinum with Starwood, I sure hope they preserve the best aspects of the SPG program....but I'll believe it when I see it.
also a Lifetime Plat. And I am optimistic.

Service is as good now as 20 years ago. It is the only loyalty program that I am passionate about. The only thing that has dropped slightly has been some hotels are more expensive point wise, but meh, I think they were too low to begin with. I know I took advantage.
HawthornAggie
AG
If this promo is still available, please let me know if you need another referral
Icelandic Ag
What's your e-mail? I'll shoot you an SPG referral link. FYI, It's 25k for $3k I'm spending now. Thanks!
HawthornAggie
AG
Appreciate the offer, but I was able to find a 30k for 3k offer on the American express website so I actually signed up last night online. Thanks for the offer though!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.