Turks & Caicos diving

1,038 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txags92
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife & I had such a great time in the BVI's last year we are looking at taking another trip, possibly to Turks & Caicos. I know several folks here have gone diving there... I'll pester you with a few questions:
How does it compare with other dive sites in the Caribbean?
Any particular Dive outfitters you'd recommend?
Any favorite dive sites?
Lastly, I understand that some of the better sites are on Grand Turk - we are looking at staying in Providenciales.
Is it worth it to try and take a boat to Grand Turk, or are there enough good sites around Provo to keep us happy?

We would be going in June btw.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I have not been but I have heard good things about the diving there. You should consider using an agent that specializes in dive travel. We use Bay Adventures when we can. They are knowledgeable and work to get unpublished deals if they can.
agdoc84
Our family went there and had the best time. Great beaches, water , and people. We snorkeled and loved it.
concerned vet
We go yearly. Use Flamingo Divers in Provo. Have not been diving in Grand Turk so cannot compare.
Diving is very nice off the wall. Water is calm and very little current if at all.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I do Flamingo Divers as well. I would classify the diving in Turks and Caicos as very good, but not world class like Cayman, Cozumel or Bonaire. Its comparable to BVI, maybe even a little better. The one thing T&I has over every other island though, is the beaches. Hands down, the best beaches in the Caribbean.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I've heard the wall dives on Grand Turk rival Cozumel.

Is this accurate?
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Is this accurate?
Don't know. I've never been to Grand Turk.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The Chicken Ranch said:

Is this accurate?
Don't know. I've never been to Grand Turk.

Guess I'll just have to go check it out!
txags92
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

Is this accurate?
Haven't been to Grand Turk, but it is on my list. This may be semantics, but I have never considered Cozumel to really be a great "wall" dive location. There are a couple of good wall sites, but for the most part Coz is more reef diving, and best known for drifting with the current over the reef. I do know a lot about Cayman Sister Island wall diving, which is considered the best in the Caribbean by most, and I know quite a few people who have been to both that would rank the wall diving in T&C second behind the Caymans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.