Travel with 3 kids (13, 10, & 5) - Arizona/Utah or Wyoming?

2 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nosoupforyou
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to take the kiddos out to see some national parks and the like this summer.

I've never been to either, but I'm inclined to go with Wyoming (because of hiking, Yellowstone, etc) over Arizona/Utah (Monument Valley, Moab).

This would be in July.

Anyone have insight/perspective on this that can steer me straight or reinforce my position?
Random Ag
AG
You're a little (or a lot) late to plan a yellowstone trip. Things book up a year in advance....maybe that narrows it down
histag10
AG
if you go to the north end and stay in MT, you can typically find vrbo rentals still for Yellowstone. depending on length of vacation, you could then head north a few hours and see Glacier as well.

After a quick check, there are still several rentals and hotels available for Yellowstone area in Gardiner, MT, dont know about the WY side though.
aggieman27
AG
If you are open to camping, you can still snag a camping spot at one of the 3 reservable campgrounds in yellowstone in July. We booked 5 nights at the end of July just last week.
nosoupforyou
AG
what did you end up doing? I just now saw this as I research a trip of my own (Utah), and have great experience in Jackson Hole and also Glacier NP in Montana, as well as Banff and Yosemite
nosoupforyou
AG
BUMP!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.