First time cruise: Disney Wonder May 2018

775 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big Al 1992
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So we've never taken a cruise before, and my wife really wants to try a Disney cruise. We're thinking the Disney Wonder (May 2018) may work best for us. It's 5 nights and hits Cabo and Ensenada. It's out of San Diego so we'll probably just fly down there.

Anyhow, this is a general call for reviews on Disney cruises, first time cruisers, entertainment reviews, etc. Any tips or recommendations?

Also, our kids will be 5.5 and 6.5 years old by then. TIA
TXTransplant
I've been on the Wonder twice with my son, out of Galveston. We cruised to the Caribbean both times. The waters were very rough and we each had a bout with seasickness (my son on the first cruise and me on the second).

The ship is beautiful, and we had a great time. Entertainment is very good, food is good and plentiful, and there are tons of activities for the kids. The pools are a little small, and we made sure to get off the ship and do excursions at each port of call. I will highly recommend the adults' only brunch at Palo - it is very good.
ziggity06
My wife is a Disney travel agent if you need any help booking. Her email is nicholle@magicaladventurestravel.com
busdriver88
AG
I second the thumbs up on the cruise, but we had no sickness issues. My 15 year old son had a great time with other kids he met on the ship, and my ten year old was kept occupied! We plan on going back this winter.

The food was superb. Do not miss the opportunity to carry on your own booze.
dreyOO
My wife may already have a contact for travel agent hookups, but if not, i'll pass along.

thanks for the info.

and tell me more about the booze angle. That will make it all worth while.
TXTransplant
They amended the policy a couple of years ago. You used to be able to bring on as much of whatever you drink as you wanted. Now it's limited to two bottles of wine/champagne or six beers per adult passenger on embarkation day and at each port of call. It has to be hand-carried or in carry on luggage.
Big Al 1992
AG
If you are still looking, the eastern Caribbean trips include Castaway Cay which is Disney's own island and is a great stop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.