Hill Country Trip

1,253 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by turnag4
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are planning to go on a small vacation this summer to the hill country/central Texas. Thoughts so far are, Gruene Hall, tubing, Schlitterbahn....what else should we shoot for? Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay? We don't really want a traditional hotel, we'd like something more cabin like and maybe even a kitchenette.

TIA
easttexasaggie04
AG
I like the Boerne/Bandera/Fredericksburg area. My in laws live in Bandera and it's cool there. Lots of outdoorsy type of stuff to do and dude ranches.
busdriver88
AG
La Escondida Resort.

Food is good, beautiful setting, and you can do as much or as little as you want.

In fact, we are going back again this year in April.
AW96
AG
http://www.lambsrestinn.com

This is a wonderful B&B in Gruene/ New Braunfels. Lovely property on the river, nice owners, delicious full breakfasts, and a variety of rooms/ cabins to choose from. We loved our stay last September! We also did Schlittebahn for the first time in more than 10 years and had a blast!

Bandera area is nice too. We used to stay in some condos in Bandera each year. Make sure you make the trip out to Love Creek Orchards in Medina for some delicious apple treats.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Thanks AW, we are looking to stay in the New Braunsfels area so I will definitely look into that one.

I had thought about Escondita before, ive watched plenty of TCR, the prices are just a little more than we are looking to spend and the location doesn't really work for where we plan to go.
turnag4
AG
Wife and I went to Fredericksburg last week. If you are in to history at all (I'm a history nut) the National War of the Pacific museum is excellent. Also, you can tour the LBJ ranch and their house for only 3 bucks. Lots of local wineries as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.