LaGuardia traffic

741 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hachieaggie10
myags8215
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering whether the traffic has changed the equation for car service vs taxi from LGA to Midtown Manhattan? I've usually booked a Dial 7 car to avoid the uncertainties and wait in the taxi rank, but the last couple of times it has seemed that the car took awhile due to traffic, and that was before the current construction started. Any recent experience or thoughts? Arriving on Delta on a Friday afternoon.
Fairview
AG
I haven't flown in there since the end of January and did the taxi thing bevause I didn't plan ahead. I flew united and they moved the taxi stand to BFE. Really long walk. The good news was the wait was really short once I got there.

Right out of the terminal there were a ton of dudes holding Uber signs trying to get you to ride with them. Cracked me up but I guess people go with them or they wouldn't be doing it.
Random Ag
AG
I regularly take a car service and have noticed a difference in how much slower the car gets there versus pre-construction. Can't speak to taxis because I head north into CT. It's a mess. Would also suggest leaving for the airport earlier as the roads into the airport are a joke (even more of a joke than previous). I fly in/out regularly.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
whats the commute from Laguardia to Mid Town at 6pm?

how bout the commute from Mid Town to Laguardia around 3pm?
Always_Right
AG
Took a taxi back in December and had no issues.
Hachieaggie10
AG
I think the bigger factor is what time do you land. Ive always done dial7 until the last trip not thinking about the fact I was landing at like 4:15. Traffic sucked and it turned into a 70.00 cab ride. Dial 7d back to the airport when I left.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.