Zika Free Beach Recs?

1,504 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Represent830
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The last time my wife was pregnant in 2013 we went to St John US Virgin Islands for her "babymoon." She really enjoyed relaxing in the water and being weightless and the local friendliness. They have an almost strange obsession with being friendly to pregnant women there. We walked through markets and people tried to give her things for free and even when we were renting our jeep we hear the owner yell out from the back room "she's pregnant, give it to her for half!"

We'll now the CDC has travel warnings to the Caribbean for pregnant women because of Zika.

Does anyone have any Zika free beach destinations in mind that cost about the same as getting to St John? It looks like because of the fall of the euro and strong US Dollar we can fly to Barcelona and take a ferry to Mallorca all for the same price as flying to the USVI but we thought that was more of a party destination...

Maybe Bermuda?
Tatem
hawaii
metrag06
AG
I'd talk to her doc - they may put restrictions on how long of a flight she can do based on how far along she is.

We went when my wife was ~5 months pregnant and I want to say her doc wanted 3 hr flights or less.
Lily09
AG
I don't have any advice to add. Sorry!

My husband and I are looking for the same thing. We didn't do an all inclusive for our honeymoon so we wanted to try to do one before we start trying to have a baby. Zika is concerning me though. We love the prices of the all inclusives in the Carribean, DR, Mexico & USVI, but it's not worth it to risk getting Zika.

We started looking into going to Hawaii, but it's so much more expensive.
Ag CPA
AG
Post removed:
by user
JJWAGGIE
AG
We went to Maui last year because my wife was pregnant... fantastic!
archangelus2
AG
jake2011 said:

You have higher odds of getting attacked by a shark on your trip than getting Zika. Don't live life afraid.
In this instance, I would take precaution.
Represent830
AG
archangelus2 said:

jake2011 said:

You have higher odds of getting attacked by a shark on your trip than getting Zika. Don't live life afraid.
In this instance, I would take precaution.

As someone else with a pregnant wife and just went through the same problem, I second this heartily.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.