Passport renewal - France

438 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
little blue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be traveling to France mid May. My passport expires mid-October. Does any one know if I should renew it before I go? I know some countries say 3 months, some say 6 months and others don't care. I couldn't find a solid answer online.

If I do renew it, do you know how long it takes to get it? I can't remember when I got mine the first time.
V8Aggie
AG
You might as well go ahead and renew. I just did mine and had it in my hands within 3 weeks. If you're really worried about it you can pay a fee to get it expedited (something like 2 weeks).

Look at the State Department website for France. It will tell you. Looks like 3 months. https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/france.html
AgFan1999
AG
I'd agree. IIRC, for France your passport needs to be valid for 3 months beyond the end of your trip, but it wouldn't hurt to renew now.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I would for sure renew now. Schengen area is (IIRC) 6 months remaining on passport. If yours is too close to expiration, the problem you'll run into isn't entering France. It is boarding your flight. I wouldn't leave that call in the hands of the jabronis that run the check in desks at the airport.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.