Vegas... cheap

640 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by scoodogg
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BIL won a free trip (flight plus hotel) to Vegas in late march. He is young and still poor. Wants to "experience Vegas" without spending a ton of cash. He will be staying at Caesars. Where are the best cheaper restaurants? Where can he get decent priced tickets to shows? Any other budget ideas/activities?
V8Aggie
AG
Getting to Vegas and hotel are usually the cheapest part...

I've only experienced the strip and there's nothing cheap about it. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Maybe google budget Las Vegas?

<insert gif of uncle randy putting rolls from buffet into potato sack>
scoodogg
AG
My first Vegas trip was done on the cheap... because I'm cheap.

Groupon can save some money. Bought the high roller happy half hour package (all you can drink).

Groupon usually has some of the buffets on their site. Caesar's buffet is on there right now. We did the Planet Hollywood buffet for like $25 per person (with free booze).

Nobody in our group had ever used Uber before the trip, so we made sure we got our free rides for referring each other. Caesar's is in the middle of it all, so he can save money by walking.

Only ever paid for one drink at a bar (even then, it was a BOGO). Packed mini bottles around so that we could just mix on the go.

Usually ate some breakfast bars in the morning, a quick lunch at one of the many fast food/food court places, and then a nicer dinner. There are CVSs and Walgreens on the strip. He can stock up on various things there to save money.

I've got nothing on shows. I never really found any deals that were that great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.