Looking for recommendations on a Florida beach

817 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 90 bull
bigblock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello,

Trying to plan a trip for July. I'm looking for a nice, quiet place on the Atlantic coast in Florida. I don't want to go much farther south than Orlando. I don't want big crowds or lots of tourists. Small town is really what I'm looking for. I will be looking to rent a small beach house for a few days before taking the family on to Universal Studios.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm just starting my research and admit I know very little about things on the Atlantic coast. I may be asking for a tall order here, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
90 bull
AG
we just were in Amelia Island, and you might look there. A nice land back downtown and 30 mins from Jacksonville airport. A definite small town feel, but still has bigger resorts there if you want it (Ritz Carlton, Omni) and a lot of golf.
bigblock
Ah. That's up there by Fernandina. Looks nice!
wapa
Yep, my first recommendation was going to be Amelia Island for most of the reasons listed above. Close to JAX, decent beaches, great little downtown area, plus resorts and houses. Also, we sure to check out Cumberland Island. I did a day trip over there right out of downtown Amelia Island through the Greyfield Inn and loved it. It was pricy, but you can also go through the National Park system. I also recommend Amelia Island Kayak Excursions, if that it your kind of thing. A father/daughter pair run it and have good options of kayak trips.
90 bull
AG
staying in downtown is great. i suggest the green turtle tavern, timothi 's, and nana teresa's for cupcakes and sweets. we stayed at the Florida House Inn, and loved the location.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.