Hardsided vs soft side suitcases

899 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Vernada
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are about to buy a couple pieces of luggage. Is there any real benefit to having hard sided luggage?

The majority of our trips will be to Mexico.
superunknown
AG
Travelpro
Vernada
AG
I can't imagine ever wanting a hard side.

I have a travelpro carry on roller now that seems like good quality.

I bought an eagle creek in 2005 that is about ready for retirement after 20+ international trips and no telling how much domestic use. It finally is starting to fray a bit around the edges.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Burton Wheelie Double Deck is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.
One side is hard, one side is soft. You can unzip it into two different pieces of luggage if you need to make weight.

They've got lots of different colors and best of all - a Lifetime Warranty
I bought mine in 2011 and it's been replaced twice under warranty (until I figured out the situation with the checking the two halves unzipped, I kept breaking the zipper pull off).

Myself, my wife and one of my daughters all have the biggest one they make. My other daughter (who thinks she travels light) has the next size down.

62strat
AG
Vernada said:

I bought an eagle creek in 2005 that is about ready for retirement after 20+ international trips and no telling how much domestic use. It finally is starting to fray a bit around the edges.
If people travel with delicate/breakable items often, I'd imagine they could imagine wanting a hard side.
Spore Ag
I have several types depending on your travel preference. Hard keeps clothes nice and nice to pack parish ablest such as 5 bottles of wine from Mendoza. Soft great for rough travel like last year hiking in the Faroes. I have Rick Steves and very happy as they are light empty.
Vernada
AG
62strat said:

Vernada said:

If people travel with delicate/breakable items often, I'd imagine they could imagine wanting a hard side.
I guess so. Clearly I don't travel with fragile stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.