Washington DC - Restaurants

1,789 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big Bucks
dsvogel05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in DC next week for a work conference and will be staying in Crystal City. Any recommendations for supper? TIA
Federale01
AG
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2831363
VikingNik
AG
Jaleo in Crystal City is always good. Farther afield the world is your oyster in DC. Read Tom Sietsema's blog/weekly chat for the latest and greatest.
JSKolache
AG
Crystal City Restaurant, ftw

23rd St has a bunch of decent places.
hurleyag
AG
beefiedoubleoh said:

Crystal City Restaurant, ftw

FrioAg 00
AG
Founding Farmers is excellent
Big Bucks
AG
Depends on what your limit is and where you are. I can second Founding Farmers for a nice but cheaper dinner. Very loud happy hour feel.
Marcel's is my favorite in DC but it isn't cheap. Food is sensational.
BLT is very nice. Joe's Seafood and Stonecrab (think Truluck's) may be my second favorite in DC. The Palm is nice and always hopping. Couple in Georgetown that names escape me right now off of Wisconsin that are nice. Restaurant in The Mayflower is good as well. Greek fish place around 17th and I is also good if that is the flavor you are looking for.
FrioAg 00
AG
La Perla is also an excellent place if you are seeking great homemade authentic Italian
Stive
AG
Another vote for Founding Farmers. Good food, little bit of all styles to fit what you're looking for.
VikingNik
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/lifestyle/food/founding-farmers-review-where-the-biggest-temptation-is-to-leave/2016/06/01/76b2c844-204e-11e6-9e7f-57890b612299_story.html
Stive
AG
That moron lost all credibility when he slammed the bacon lollies!
VikingNik
AG
He's easily the most respected food critic in DC. There are many better options is all I'm saying.
Stive
AG
Don't care. Food snobs are typically ridiculous.
mrsbeer05
AG
Quote:

Marcel's is my favorite

We have reservations there for next Saturday. Did you do the tasting menu or a la carte?
Big Bucks
AG
We did the tasting menu. Been almost a year but think we did the five course because we all had dessert.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.