Sedona, Arizona

3,489 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by StillNotAnAggie
MAGA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going in a march for spring break. Never have been.

Looks like an incredible place.

Recommendations?
Pahdz
It's an easy hike, but go out to Devil's Bridge. I proposed to my wife on it.

dallasag00
AG
Gorgeous place. We were there last year for Spring Break, stayed at the Enchantment Resort. It was great.
StillNotAnAggie
We have done Sedona a few times and we love it.

A couple of places I would recommend.

Chapel of the Holy Cross - Beautiful Church and Views
Cresent Moon Ranch - We went here in the summer, it was nice to go in Oak Creek to cool off and you have beautiful views of Cathedral Rock. We packed a lunch and had ate out here by the river.
Red Rock State Park is a fun place to go around and hike.
Slide Rock State Park is cool but REALLY crowded.

If you like wine, take a trip out to pagespringscellars.com. this is one of our favorite wineries.
You can also visit Cottonwood and go to Burning Tree, Pillsbury and Arizona Stronghold wineries. We really liked the Pizza from Pizzeria Bocce.
Lastly go out to Jerome, this is a cool old mining town that is supposedly haunted. Visit Caduceus Cellars and Merkin Vineyards (Owned by the lead singer of Tool). Cellar 443 has beautiful views of the valley, and Passion Cellars is good too. We have eaten at the Haunted Hamburger here, it was good, with a nice selection of beer and wine. Sit outside on the patio for a nice view. We have also eaten at Grapes. Good selection of beer and wine but we only had an appetizer.I have also heard good things about the Asylum, but I haven't been there.
AustinCountyAg
whats the weather like in the summertime?
StillNotAnAggie
Hot as F. The day we were out at Cresent Moon Ranch it was in the 100's but sitting in Oak Creek, with this view made it bearable. This is a pic from the park, but I didn't take it.
TAM85
You can day trip to the South Rim of the Grande Canyon. If you have not seen it before, it is definitely worth the trip.
Bachelor99
AG
definitely hit up antelope canyon and horseshoe bend...
Beckdiesel03
AG
We rented a convertible while there and it was awesome to have all week. We did the early morning pink jeep tours and enjoyed that as well.
Mathguy64
AG
Pink Jeep tour.

Night road trip to Flagstaff to Lowell Observatory.
woozy
Just a few tips --

If you plan on going up the very scenic road to Flagstaff, allow yourself a lot of time. That road is a slow road to begin with, but it can get extremely crowded and terribly slow at times when people go camping, such as spring break. Flagstaff itself has some very interesting places to visit, but certainly there is enough to do around Sedona to keep you occupied over a short trip.

One of our favorite restaurants in Sedona is Judi's, a very small and cozy place with excellent food that is not over-priced, and very friendly staff. It is located between the Chase Bank/Whole Foods parking lot and the Best Western Inn of Sedona. All of this is can be found at the corner of the road that goes up to the airport (Airport Rd. I think) and the main highway.

Jerome is tourist-trap kind of place, but a fun place to spend half a day if you feel the need to get out of Sedona.
Always_Right
AG
Will be in Sedona for July 4th, going to the Grand Canyon for a few days as well.
hillcountryag86
AG
Going this summer. This really helps!
hillcountryag86
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Cresent Moon Ranch - We went here in the summer, it was nice to go in Oak Creek to cool off and you have beautiful views of Cathedral Rock. We packed a lunch and had ate out here by the river.

If you like wine, take a trip out to pagespringscellars.com. this is one of our favorite wineries.
You can also visit Cottonwood and go to Burning Tree, Pillsbury and Arizona Stronghold wineries. We really liked the Pizza from Pizzeria Bocce.
Lastly go out to Jerome, this is a cool old mining town that is supposedly haunted. Visit Caduceus Cellars and Merkin Vineyards (Owned by the lead singer of Tool). Cellar 443 has beautiful views of the valley, and Passion Cellars is good too. We have eaten at the Haunted Hamburger here, it was good, with a nice selection of beer and wine. Sit outside on the patio for a nice view. We have also eaten at Grapes. Good selection of beer and wine but we only had an appetizer.I have also heard good things about the Asylum, but I haven't been there.
Any lodging recommendations? Going there in two weeks for a long weekend.

Thank you.
AGeng25
AG
Jumping on this thread since my wife and I are interested in that area. For anyone who went, did you drive or fly? Looks to be a variety of activities, but many are not close to town so i'm assuming a rental is a must if you fly.

What's the actual town like? Manageable size?
StillNotAnAggie
hillcountryag86 said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

Any lodging recommendations? Going there in two weeks for a long weekend.

Thank you.
We got a suite here both of the times we have gone.
http://www.sedonareal.com/

Rooms were clean, good sized and decently priced, but we didn't really spend a lot of time in the room so we weren't picky. Also, it had a fireplace and a balcony which was nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.