Iceland Air

1,018 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 07ag
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone on the board ever taken advantage of Iceland Air's layover policy? I'm planning a trip to Ireland/England this summer and was thinking this may be a fun add-on to the trip. Thoughts? Is it worth it?
An Ag in CO
AG
I fly through Reykjavik frequently and opt for the layover on occasion. Never regretted doing so.
BlueAg2003
AG
Just booked a trip and going to stay two days in Reykjavik on the return! I can't wait.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Just spent a week in Iceland. Flew Icelandair and stayed at the Icelandair Hotel. It was a great trip.

However, check out Wow Airlines. They have the same layover policy and to celebrate opening locations in LA and San Francisco they have $69 flights from those two cities to Reykjavik. ($99 flights from either Miami, BWI or Boston). They also use Reykjavik for connections all over Europe. They fly 767's.

Icelandair uses 757's. They are pretty good too.
BlueAg2003
AG
I learned about Wow today, but only after I booked with Icelandair last night. We will actually have 767s for the BOS to KEF leg and KEF back to BOS. My wife and I are doing the following:

Dallas to Boston- spending a night there
Boston to Reykjavik, short layover then to Heathrow
London for four days
Ryanair flight to Dublin
Ireland for five days
Back to London for a night
Return flight with a two day stop in Reykjavik

I know it is quite a bit, but we are really excited and up for the challenge and adventure! If anyone has any recommendations for any of the locations, let me know!
BlueAg2003
AG
Oh and did you do Blue Lagoon? I'm seeing many mixed reviews. I know it's a tourist trap, but it still looks really cool.
07ag
AG
i'd recommend going to blue lagoon,, i enjoyed it

wow air is ok, but be aware they're a discount airline like spirit or ryanair. know their fee structure
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.