Excursions in Vegas?

1,141 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cr06gis
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I going to Vegas soon for a convention and will stay an extra couple days. We are young 30s, have stayed nearly at most of the hotels over the years, seen most of the shows already, and been to most of the clubs. We have done the sight seeing. What other things would you recommend we check out while we are there? Helicopter Grand Canyon? Hoover Dam? Other ideas?
Old School Brother
play golf
An Ag in CO
AG
speedvegas.com

vegasoffroadtours.com

blackcanyonadventures.com

StEdsCOOG
I went to the Titanic artifact exhibit at Luxor and The National Museum on Organized Crime and Law Enforcement in downtown back in December. I'm in the same age range as you and was quite impressed with both. I'd say two hours to get thru the Titanic exhibit and 2-3 for the mob museum depending on how much you stop and read the displays.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Do you like to hike at all? Valley of Fire State Park is about an hour north and it was fantastic when I was there last March. I was only there for half a day, but definitely a place I'd like to back to.
Mudcat
AG

Take a tour of Death Valley National Park.
Very scenic and lots of history

cr06gis
AG
I'm a big hiker, so...

Lived in Vegas for 4 years. I always recommended Red Rocks. Its only 30 minutes west of the strip and it is amazing for quick little day hikes, especially when its not 110 outside.

Also, Id suggest driving up to Mt. Charleston, another beautiful area. Pines and snow within 45 minutes of the strip. Hike the Bristlecone Trail.

Would also recommend driving the Lake Mead road from Lake Las Vegas up to Overton/Valley of Fire before driving back into town on I-15. Great little road trip.

My favorite hike is Arrow Canyon just north of Moapa only a short trip north on I-15. Google it. Awesome slot canyon. You will likely have it all to yourself, as I've only seen other people on the weekends. Petroglyphs and and a mile long canyon that varies from 8' to 100' wide. Amazing place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.