Best steakhouse in Houston

1,975 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Kool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brother-in-law is there now, wife consulting at M.D. Anderson. They are from Miami Beach. He gots $$ and wants a rec. no better place to go than TexAgs I would think. A couple recs por favor?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMX Bandit
Pappas

Vic & Anthony

B&B Butcher

Steak 48 (the current trendy place to be seen)
JM04
AG
The only place you left off is Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland. Not too far from Med center. They also just opened a new place called STQ. Killen's 1st Houston restaurant

Steak 48 is decent and trendy but probably at the bottom of the list. Papas & b&b at the top
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had dinner at B&B last night. PAppas is more your traditional steakhouse experience but I think B&B is better. Both are great.

That being said, the mushrooms at pAppas are pretty much the best thing ever.
AggieDave02
AG
Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland
Kool
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thank you and all. He is on his way there with his wife now and is instructed to get the shrooms as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
NM
Kool
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Had dinner at B&B last night. PAppas is more your traditional steakhouse experience but I think B&B is better. Both are great.

Text from this am, Pappas last night:
"Fantastic! You should definitely go. The mushrooms were crazy good!"
Thanks, TexAgs.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Glad to hear it wasn't something that I overrated but everyone else thinks is decidedly average.
dcbowers
AG
Kool said:

Brother-in-law is there now, wife consulting at M.D. Anderson. They are from Miami Beach. He gots $$ and wants a rec. no better place to go than TexAgs I would think. A couple recs por favor?

I guess your wife is not one of the 1000 people who got laid off at MD Anderson this month.
Kool
AG
My wording was very imprecise, sorry. My brother-in-law was making dinner plans. His wife, my sister-in-law, is the one with cancer. I hate to hear about people losing jobs as well.
mgreen
Ruth's Chris and Pappas
Vernada
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Glad to hear it wasn't something that I overrated but everyone else thinks is decidedly average.

Pappas has always been my standard go-to. Good, solid, and dependable. Great experience every time I've been there.

V&A is good but the overall experience has been very subpar too many times with my last visit being my last because it was such a bad experience.
BMX Bandit
what made it bad? service?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.