Westin Vacations?

993 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texas Ag Mom
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Several times a year we get these invites in the mail. The most recent is for 4 nts in a studio villa in Cabo for $449 w/a $75 resort credit. The invite is 2 pages in total & I have read both pages & I see absolutely nothing about having to attend a presentation. We are Marriott/Starwoods elite platinum members. We did one of these many years ago in Cancun (I don't think it was Westin) & despite our inquiries before we ever booked it we were still expected to attend a presentation which we were told about on arrival. We arrived late at night so we stayed 1 nt & left the next am to check in at another hotel & demanded they give us our money back that we had prepaid. What am I missing? What is the downside? Last year we received several of these invites to Kuai which is on my bucket list. Does anyone have firsthand experience w/these invites? Thanks!
farmer95
AG
I've done 2 of these with SPG (Maui and Kauai). Pretty straightforward, worth an hour of time for the reduced rate and/or points. I'm SPG Lifetime Plat which lessens the value proposition somewhat..they acknowledged as much when we went. Both times we did it were low pressure, they didn't hassle us after we declined to buy.
dcAg
I second what farmer said. I have done this with Hilton, Starwood and Marriott. Got some great deals.
sir charles
We got an invite last spring to do this in Scottsdale, AZ at the Westin there. It was great. We brought both kids (3 and 2) and they actually did not require us to come to the presentation - likely because they did not want the kids in the room for an hour. Awesome resort and we did the whole trip on the cheap. Kids had a great time and no issues at all.
Texas Ag Mom
Someone else also told me they had been on one of these trips. He said when you check in they tell you to check in w/the concierge. He said not to do that & go directly to my room & do not respond to any of their phone calls. Enjoy my vary w/no pressure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.