Need advice on all inclusive in Cancun.....

4,914 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Leander - Ag
busdriver88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife has advised me she is taking me to Cancun for my 50th in March. Wants to do Cancun, but we have never been. Any advice? Not taking the kids, much to the chagrin of my sixteen year old. We will want to relax, have a drink, eat well, and enjoy the privacy of the room!

Thanks
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
Marauder Blue 6
AG
My brother in law and sister in law really enjoyed the Moon Palace resort when they went.

Here's a good list...

http://www.resortvacationstogo.com/Resorts/Cancun_Hotels_and_Resorts.html?sort=4#Aproperties
Aggie
AG
Wife and I always enjoy Casitas at El dorado Royale .. Adults only all inclusive.
Recemmend infinity pool casita suite

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels-and-resorts/el-dorado-royale.html

Bitter Old Man
AG
This should fit your bill perfectly...

http://www.zoetryresorts.com/paraiso

Small, quiet, super high level of service, great food, very nice rooms. Ask to stay on a top floor room.
CFTXAG10
AG
Stayed at the Riu Palace Peninsula and really enjoyed it. Spring for the Villa in the adults-only section. Worth it!

If you are willing to travel a little further but fly in/out of the same airport I would recommend Playa Del Carmen. Stay at The Royal.
Tursiops93
AG
My wife and I just booked at the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal property. The resort consists of 5 separate properties and we will have access to all of them. I used Google Maps to look at the properties and this one looks to have AMAZING beach accesses. Pretty affordable as well! We are excited to go in May!
http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/resorts-in-riviera-maya/resort-akumal/

Edited to add: This resort is south of Playa Del Carmen towards Tulum, so it is away from the busy Cancun. Also has a Robert Trent Jones designed golf course that is discounted 50% for resort guests. (Riviera Maya Golf Club)
RVAg02
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

This should fit your bill perfectly...

http://www.zoetryresorts.com/paraiso

Small, quiet, super high level of service, great food, very nice rooms. Ask to stay on a top floor room.

This. EOT
Texas Ag Mom
Keep in mind that the beaches are amazing in Cancun but maybe not as great in Playa.
stanfitz
AG
We have stayed at Le blanc twice. Part of the palace resorts.

We won't stay anywhere else now. They spoil you.
Ag81Golf
Iberostar Grand is very nice. Adult only and close to Playa del Carmen. Have stayed there three times and recommend it. Golf course is nice as well.

Cancun in March will have lots of high school and college kids. I suggest staying outside of the Canun hotel zone.

dodger02
AG
Secrets Maroma Beach checks all the boxes.
Shiner Bock
AG
Any texags reviews on Beloved Playa Mujeres?

We have been scouring trip advisor and other sites for rec's, and this appears to be a really nice place with major discounts for the time of year we're looking at going.
90 bull
AG
My wife and I went to Live Aqua in Cancun. Adult only was a real benefit
Eugene4x
AG
90 bull said:

My wife and I went to Live Aqua in Cancun. Adult only was a real benefit

Just booked Live Aqua for June. Several couples traveling together. Got any tips?
90 bull
AG
we just drank and went between our room and the pool/beach, so we are not the best case. the steak place was not worth it, but we really liked the beach side taqueria. really, any of the pool side places were good quality. the infinity pool was relaxing. we didn't leave the resort, but felt no need to either. just a relaxing trip.
tdidy03
AG
What about places to eat/things to do in town off resort? Looking into using Marriott points at the JW or Ritz Carlton which has semi all inclusive. Would still need to find places to eat for dinner.
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
Shiner Bock said:

Any texags reviews on Beloved Playa Mujeres?

We have been scouring trip advisor and other sites for rec's, and this appears to be a really nice place with major discounts for the time of year we're looking at going.

I went to Excellence Playa Muejeres which is right next to Beloved and owned by the same people. Absolutely incredible experience. Beloved was originally family friendly but they changed that this year to gear it more towards couples.

100% would recommend any Excellence Resorts property. Especially Playa Muejeres and Riveria Cancun. Food and service was outstanding.

If you book any excursions through the resort they can guarantee that you'll be with other Excellence Club members. Had the best time of our lives on the large catamaran that goes to Isla Muejeres. PM if you'd like any more info.
one MEEN Ag
AG
tdidy03 said:

What about places to eat/things to do in town off resort? Looking into using Marriott points at the JW or Ritz Carlton which has semi all inclusive. Would still need to find places to eat for dinner.

If you're interested in going to the Hotel Zone for nightlife absolutely go do CoCo Bongo. Owned by Jim Carey it's a vegas show and a night club at the same time. Get the VIP tickets and get a good seat up top and just watch in awe.

Look up Seasons Tours for excursions. They do great work and put together awesome packages. I loved the catamaran sailing out to Isla Muejeres. The Playa Norte beach on the island is better than any beach I've ever seen. Better than Destin, Fl. No seaweed.
Aggietaco
AG
+1 for Excellence Resorts. We've turned several couples on to ERC and EPM and have yet to hear of any issues.

Great resort to go and relax and not worry about a thing.
DB Coach
AG
Valentin Imperial Maya

Adults only and secluded

Awesome
culdeus
AG
Prices at Excellence have gotten stupid high. It is a value at <400/nt but those days are long gone. You can catch a deal every now and then, but I mean the food is meh to good, the drinks are generally meh unless you tip the hell out of the bartender and the beach (at least at EPM) is full of seaweed. Yes they try hard, and yes they keep the place clean but there's a point where the value isn't there.

I mean 4 years ago you could go rooftop club for <400. Now you are looking at rack rates of 500+ in the summer. **** that.

At 500 a night you can do a lot better down near PDC.
Post removed:
by user
oldag941
AG
Second for Iberostar Grand and it's associated golf course. Went earlier this year. Great beach too.
AB2
AG
Huge EPM fan. Yes it's getting more pricey, but it's an incredible experience.

Remember to be smarter than the rack rates. $532 is rack for summer there right now. We booked on Orbitz and Honey (chrome plug in) found me a 15% off code,plus the like $60 in Orbitz' loyalty program that I used for another hotel. Total OOP was $475 per night. Not awful.

DuckDown2013
AG
Excellence playa mujeres is fantastic in every way. Upgrade to rooftop terrAce. Amazing.
AB2
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Excellence playa mujeres is fantastic in every way. Upgrade to rooftop terrAce. Amazing.

We didn't have a two-story, but did have a rooftop terrace with the plunge pool. Room 4004. Fan freaking tastic
79TAMU79
AG
We have been to the Hyatt Zilara twice. Good beach, great pool, huge rooms and adult only. Food was pretty good, too. Cost is reasonable. Seems like we did 4 nights + air for $1700 each in Oct. Hotel can get you on the Nicklaus Rivera golf course with unlimited food and drink for less than $100 including rental clubs.
If you like steak, try out Harry's.
There is a good Mexican food place downtown, I think it is called Polo Blanco or similar - worth the trip.
aggie_2010
AG
My wife and I went to EPM for our honeymoon last May. We did the excellence club and got a swim out suite. The resort is awesome. Yeah, the beach could be better, but its still nice. The rooms and pools are awesome as is the service. However, we were both disappointed in the food the restaurants on location served at dinner. Plus, each restaurant at night was uncomfortably warm and muggy inside. A couple dinners we had were good to great, but all others were fair/bad in my opinion. Breakfast and lunch were usually very good.
Leander - Ag
AG
Aggie said:

Wife and I always enjoy Casitas at El dorado Royale .. Adults only all inclusive.
Recemmend infinity pool casita suite

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels-and-resorts/el-dorado-royale.html

Second this. It's great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.