Is there a way to purchase an Airline ticket voucher as a gift?

897 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CanyonAg77
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a friend who is graduating from college in December and the gift we'd like to give is a round trip domestic airline ticket. I don't want to get involved with the travel planning and destination/dates/times/flights. I'd like to just give some sort of voucher that can be redeemed in the future for a flight.

I've researched the American Airlines and United Airlines sites and I see that you can transfer miles to somebody else but, I don't see anyway to just outright purchase a flight voucher as a gift.

Does anybody know of an airline that will allow you to purchase a gift voucher?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Further research has turned up Gift Cards for:

Does anybody know of any other airlines which offer this. I did discover that JetBlue no long offers gift cards.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
You can buy a gift card for American also.
LondonOllie
A bit more generic, but will give you more options...

I've booked with this company a number of times - they are legit and always seem to be very competitive on price too: https://www.cheapoair.com/giftcards/

Alaska and Hawaiian Airlines also do them.
CanyonAg77
AG
Use a generic MasterCard or Visa gift card, wrap it up In a box with a bunch of airline brochures or other aviation-themed stuff. They might use it for something else, but your intention will be conveyed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.