** United Polaris Class **

2,800 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by I Play With Guns
Oak Forest Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their new business first service was supposed to start 12/1.

If anyone has flown in Polaris class, please provide a brief (or lengthy) summary.

Thanks!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I have a flight that says its Polaris Business Class in a couple of weeks but the seating chart looks like the old seats. I'll let you know post-flight.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Thanks. I have two trips scheduled for January, but the seat map is the "old" version.
Spore Ag
Yesterday from Tokyo. Champagne, stuffed animal, fancy blanket, better AV but not a lot of difference.
Fairview
AG
The new seats haven't come out yet. They just started the extra amenities on 12/1. The clubs (with the exception of maybe Chicago) also still haven't opened.

The new seats with all aisle access seem like a cool idea.
Always_Right
AG
The Polaris club in Chicago opened 12/1 but the actual Polaris flights wont start until March based upon what I'm hearing. Other Polaris clubs will open in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, London, Hong Kong over the course of the next year or so.
Agof88
AG
Just landed in Shanghai on a trip on Polaris Business from Austin connecting through Chicago. Didn't notice anything different on the domestic leg but the international leg had the soft Polaris offerings. The food was good especially the Sea Bass main course. The wine flight was good and unique but the attendant said it slowed down the drink service. Slept through the mid flight snack but heard the grilled cheese and soup was very good. Still had the sundaes but also now have mini-desserts as well. The cheese cart was replaced with individual serving plates of cheese, grapes and crackers.Two pillows and two blankets instead of one each was nice and the new duvet was a good addition. Was given pajamas but didn't open them. Didn't notice anything different with the pre-landing meal. 1st time to sit in the upper deck of the 747. Hate the economy plus section on that plane but the upstairs business class was very good. All in all the new Ploaris offerings felt like an upgrade and should only get better when the new seats are installed. Still have the same flight attendants offering the same uneven service as always though. Head back next weekend on a 787 connecting through LAX so it will be interesting to see how it compares
cruzdoggie
AG
Trying to use one of my upgrades on a flight from Munich two weeks from now. Hoping to get it!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So here is the deal after some research. The Polaris seat upgrades will happen on a rolling basis just like the old businessFirst seats. As of 12/1/16 only new 777-300ER aircraft will have the actual seat and the rest will be re-fit (I presume in HKG as they were last time) and re-inserted into service over the next couple of years.

The soft product was rolled out on a blanked basis as of 12/1/16. So your next flight will at least have the new food, sheets, pajamas, etc.

You'll have to follow the nerds on FlyerTalk (or whatever) for updates on actual aircraft by number as they go out of service and return to service. Obviously, the new seats will be inserted into service on a basis of margin generation (and obviously visibility in the early stages -- routes like ORD-LHR or EWR-HKG.

My guess is the first flight out of Houston with the Polaris seats will be one operated by a competitor (either IAH-LHR, IAH-FRA, or IAH-NRT). Will be a long time before we see it on IAH-MUC, IAH-AMS (small flight), IAH-EZE, IAH-GIG, IAH-SCL, or IAH-LOS (if they ever reinstate that flight)
Fairview
AG
I also think theres some doubts as to when they upgrade the 787's because they are so new.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Keep the stuffed animal. Those are apparently going to be very few and far between.
I Play With Guns
S
Should be flying this on my one way flight to Dubai in a few weeks!

I'll let you know....
I Play With Guns
S
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll scratch that.

Ended up being routed through Canada instead of Germany so have to fly AirCanada to Dubai instead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.