Ireland March 10th-19th

1,442 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bmet
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the musts? I will definitely be in Dublin for St. Paddy's Day. Other than that, I'm looking for a few extra ideas. No rooms booked yet besides Dublin during Paddy's Day, so open to bouncing around the country a bit.

Thanks for any suggestions!
redag06
WAs in Dublin for paddies day a few years back, was awful!
Drunk teenagers passed out all over the place. People say it is an "American party", but I had never seen anything like it.

I highly suggest Dingle peninsula.
klsmith89
AG
Cliffs of Moher, if you're going to be out west. Also up north to Belfast and Giants Causeway is worth it.
Dublin is a cool city, but definitely try to experience the country and slower side of life in Ireland. It's a really relaxing and beautiful country.
Tree Hugger
AG
Outside of Dublin, I wouldn't even worry about booking rooms in advance. We went in March of 2015 and would just find a B&B in whatever town we wanted to stop at that day.

Dublin is cool, but we preferred the west coast a little better. We spent three days in Dingle, drove the ring of Kerry, Connemara, the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, it was a blast. Doolin is a great little town to stay in, not far from the cliffs.
Always_Right
AG
I will be in London/Paris the week after that, Ireland is on my next European trip.
Serotonin
AG
redag06 said:

WAs in Dublin for paddies day a few years back, was awful!
Drunk teenagers passed out all over the place. People say it is an "American party", but I had never seen anything like it.
Yeah, was there in '09 and had the same experience. Imagine an otherwise cool town overrun by BLASTED European and American 18- to 21-year olds, meaning that it is hard to get into any pub or do anything. And it seemed to be about 80% men. Lots of fights after dark and someone did get stabbed.
Thunder18
AG
Glendalough/ Powerscourt
Kilkenny/ Cork (Blarney Castle)
Ring of Kerry/Dingle Peninsula/ Cliffs of Moher

The western coast is absolutely stunning
quackshackAg
AG
Don't spend too much time in Dublin.

Drive to Blarney for the castle, then Ring of Kerry (drive your own car, not on the tour bus), the tour buses can't get to the very southern tip. Then Cliffs of Moher.

I spent Thanksgiving making the drive across Ireland, great times.
bmet
AG
https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2761081/replies/47448279
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.